which dually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which dually

so I am considering trading my 6.4 hemi 3/4ton in on a diesel dually. looking at slt type packages. nothing super fancy interior but not base model. which of the big 3 would you pick and WHY

I can't go off dually since I bought a single wheel, but I'd go Chevrolet for the new Duramax alone. There has been very few reported major issues with new Duramax. Owned a brand new 16 f250 with 6.7 for 9 months that stayed in the shop. I got a 17 Duramax and the gas mileage in it is great and a much better riding truck. I've pulled trailers with both engines and both did well. One can pass a gas station and the other could not. I bought a work truck package with convenience package and it has more options than the higher package f250 I had.

Comment

i've got a 14 ram 3500 and haven't enjoyed it. been in the shop several times though ill say its been ok for the last 30,000 miles or so. sharp looking truck though.

Comment

Ram, for many reasons

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ram if you are going to be towing often. I see several Hot Shot deliveries a week on my job sites and nearly all of them are driving Ram a few Fords I can’t tell you when the last Chevy I saw was.

Comment

Ford
              Dodge
              Old planter tractor
              Moms mini van
              Chevy

In that order

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Ford
                Dodge
                Old planter tractor
                Moms mini van
                Chevy

In that order
                I own a Chevy and that was funny

Comment

The new Duramax hasn't been out long enough to see how reliable it will be.
                  Not that I don't think it will be.

IMO...

Looks:
                  Ford
                  Chevy
                  Ram

Engine:
                  Cummins
                  Powerstroke
                  Duramax

Transmission:
                  Ford
                  Duramax
                  Ram

They all have their good points and any of the 3 will suit your needs.
                  All 3 will be an upgrade over that 6.4.
                  I like performance. Therefore I bought the Powerstroke because at that time (2016) it had the most power.
                  Good luck on your decision.

Comment

Why a Dually? I have an F350 SRW and its better to park and drive!

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
                      i've got a 14 ram 3500 and haven't enjoyed it. been in the shop several times though ill say its been ok for the last 30,000 miles or so. sharp looking truck though.
                      I had a 2015 Ram 3500 and wasn't impressed, and I have been a Dodge fan for long time. I replaced it with a 2017 F-250, and like it.

Comment

Pick one. They are all more than capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Up until January I owned at least one of all three (ram was only dually). My preference in order is Chevy, Ford, Ram. Don't hate any but had pretty consistent issues with the ram's emission system and got rid of it for another Chevy. They're all capable.

Comment

in the morning I am going to drive a Ford and dodge. I have dodge down 10k off sticker and I think they will go more

Comment

I just bought a Chevy dually in late December. 2018 model. Noticeably more power than the 2015 it replaced. The dually handles the load much better than the single wheel. More stable and it holds it up better. You don’t buy a one ton pick up because it’s easy to park.

Comment

Working...
                              X