No announcement yet.

The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, this is all true. I’m headed to an international watch show now and everyone of those boys will be sporting there’s.

I do have a collection and it is mostly a diverse way of investing for me, truthfully speaking and professionally speaking as well. I only buy at safe levels period and I also advise my clients to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

B-S

I’ll be contacting you about an Air-King

Cool website

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
        B-S

I’ll be contacting you about an Air-King

Cool website

I look forward to it “saggy” !!

Comment

I prefer the clean look of stainless & black face but gotta admit that Cameron is a handsome piece with that subdued blue.

I also didn't think I would like the weight / size of the deepsea but my guy bet me I would grow to appreciate it fast...understatement. Not sure I can go back to a smaller style

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
            takes a real dude to wear the rolex deepsea “james cameron”

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            schwing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
              I want a Batman GMT.
              Got one for my Bday/Christmas this year. It wasn’t an easy find.

Comment

Originally posted by MELWAY450 View Post
                Got one for my Bday/Christmas this year. It wasn’t an easy find.

I know somewhere I can find one, they generally have a few, they are just 30% over retail.

Don’t want it that bad but when supply goes up I’ll pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I prefer the clean look of stainless & black face but gotta admit that Cameron is a handsome piece with that subdued blue.

I also didn't think I would like the weight / size of the deepsea but my guy bet me I would grow to appreciate it fast...understatement. Not sure I can go back to a smaller style
                  I agree......they are incredibly nice!

Comment

I Wear a TT GMT daily. Great looking watch at least in my opinion. Never crossed my mind regarding buying it from an investment standpoint. Will hand down to my daughter like everything else I own.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      I don't doubt the passion at all, I happen to own one, and a darn nice one at that.
                      But, they are a piece of jewelry. I ask people on a regular basis what time it is when I see they are wearing a Rolex. 7 out of 10 times they will look at their phone to give me the time and not even look at their watch.
                      Oh, and the guys who think they have to pull their sleeve up just over the watch so everyone around them can notice it? Don't get me started on that one! LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back button is your friend

We would hate to get you started

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        Back button is your friend

We would hate to get you started
                        LOL, that's funny Uncle Saggy. I don't know many folks on here that have a back button.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                          I do a blog post once a week on my site. Read about the Rolex DeepSea “JamesCameron”

The passion is real guys !!

Rock. Freaking. Solid. The Rolex Deepsea is about as tough as it gets for a fine watch. If you’re looking...

That is a gorgeous watch. What are those actually going for?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            I do think its funny that people will spend $70k on a truck and haul something 1-2x a year but tell someone it's dumb to buy an expensive watch... to each their own

one of these days I'll get a datejust or gmt then eventually upgrade to a sea dweller but for now there is too much I want to do to our house that I would rather use my discretionary funds on.
                            The thing with a truck is you can do a lot of different stuff with it. Get to hard to reach places, pull heavy things, carry stuff in the bed. You need a vehicle to get to work unless you live in a city with public transportation but hey this is Texas and a hunting website. We pretty much drive around here to get to leases pull campers, boats etc. A truck can tell time, keep you cool or warm versus outside temperature. Plays music or even dvd's

A truck does a lot of things as you can see other than get you to work, home, and hunting lease.

A watch does nothing but tell time. A truck does that, a phone that 99 percent of people carry with them at all times does that as well. Pretty sure the people willing to spend 10k on a watch that does one thing, also drive 70k vehicles and the newest iphone or android. They don't wear 10k Rolexes and drive 5k vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                              The thing with a truck is you can do a lot of different stuff with it. Get to hard to reach places, pull heavy things, carry stuff in the bed. You need a vehicle to get to work unless you live in a city with public transportation but hey this is Texas and a hunting website. We pretty much drive around here to get to leases pull campers, boats etc. A truck can tell time, keep you cool or warm versus outside temperature. Plays music or even dvd's

A truck does a lot of things as you can see other than get you to work, home, and hunting lease.

A watch does nothing but tell time. A truck does that, a phone that 99 percent of people carry with them at all times does that as well. Pretty sure the people willing to spend 10k on a watch that does one thing, also drive 70k vehicles and the newest iphone or android. They don't wear 10k Rolexes and drive 5k vehicles.
                              You're missing the point. This wasn't truck vs expensive watch, this was expensive truck vs expensive watch. My argument with a 70K truck was specifically referring to the amount you'd spend on luxury upgrades to get to 70K, vs a base model with the same engine, tranny, and suspension. You don't need a moon roof, chrome trim, or an LCD touch screen in your truck to haul things or get to work, but they're nice to have, which makes them luxuries. How you spend your money on luxuries is up to you, but it's dumb to criticize someone for doing so given that many of us spend obscene amounts of money on extras for our vehicles, or hunting trips, or boats, or rifles (guilty).

As for people wearing 10K watches and driving 5K vehicles...I was willing to spend $6500 on a single rifle, but drive a jeep that can't be worth more than $3000. Could I afford a $50K truck and a rolex? Yep. But my jeep still runs and gets me from point A to point B, and my g-shocks suits me just fine. People have different priorities, especially when it comes to luxuries.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks....

Comment

Working...
                                X