SpyPoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
    Received my Link Micro in the mail this week.

The not so good, 8 rechargeable Tenergy batteries would not fit in the battery compartment.

How are folks running these on rechargeables and/or an external battery and solar setup?
    AA rechargeable are rated at 1.2 volts (9.6 volts for 8) but sometimes may charge up to 1.3 volts (10.4 volts for 8).

Alkaline or lithiums are 1.5 volts (12.0 volts for 8) but usually start out at 1.6 volts (12.8 volts for 8). I think the Spypoint user manual specifically says not to use rechargeables due to not enough voltage.

I ordered this Panorama cell antenna with a 16’ extension that I have mounted on a 10’ piece of 1/2” PVC pipe. My plan is to attach a cord at the top, throw it over a tree limb and hoist it up higher for better cell reception. Problem is the cam and cable both have the center wire protruding out so I’m waiting on an adapter with female opening on both ends.

I’m hoping this helps the signal as my spot is in a rather low section in the woods where I’ll set the cam up.

Last edited by tpcollins; 08-07-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I had a LINK evo and it ruined my experience with Spypoint. I will not buy another. Their customer service is awful and so was the camera

All I will use is Covert and Spartan now

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
        What is the least amount of service that will transmit pics? I’m testing mine at work and trying to figure this out. 2 bars? 3? What are y’all seeing?
        Mines been transmitting without issue with 0/5 or 1/5 bars per my app. But when I physically see the camera the it shows orange or "acceptable" signal.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
          Mines been transmitting without issue with 0/5 or 1/5 bars per my app. But when I physically see the camera the it shows orange or "acceptable" signal.
          This is what I saw last night. I think mine will be fine for Kansas as I typically have better service than I do at work

Comment

So is the Spypoint camera worth it.
            Looking to buy 2 new cameras but trying to figure out.
            Can anyone post the pro’s, cons on these cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
              So is the Spypoint camera worth it.
              Looking to buy 2 new cameras but trying to figure out.
              Can anyone post the pro’s, cons on these cameras.

I have one and it worked great for about 6 weeks. I took it down and moved it to my lease and it stopped working. Called customer service and was on hold for 45 mins. Finally got someone and we were unable to trouble shoot it. They are sending me a replacement camera with a pre paid return shipping tag.

If they can work out the kinks I will buy more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                AA rechargeable are rated at 1.2 volts (9.6 volts for 8) but sometimes may charge up to 1.3 volts (10.4 volts for 8).

Alkaline or lithiums are 1.5 volts (12.0 volts for 8) but usually start out at 1.6 volts (12.8 volts for 8). I think the Spypoint user manual specifically says not to use rechargeables due to not enough voltage.

I ordered this Panorama cell antenna with a 16’ extension that I have mounted on a 10’ piece of 1/2” PVC pipe. My plan is to attach a cord at the top, throw it over a tree limb and hoist it up higher for better cell reception. Problem is the cam and cable both have the center wire protruding out so I’m waiting on an adapter with female opening on both ends.

I’m hoping this helps the signal as my spot is in a rather low section in the woods where I’ll set the cam up.

I have the same issue. Where did you find the adapter with two female ends?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                  I have the same issue. Where did you find the adapter with two female ends?
                  Tou can get a little assortment there for what most are charging for just one. It's an sma connector btw.

BCP 2 Pcs SMA Male to SMA Male Plug+ 2 Pcs SMA Female to SMA Female Jack RF Coaxial Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as kinks, I just bought two of the new micros. One hasn't worked yet, the other has been great. Broken one wont take any pics. The LEDs light up, but nothing on the card and nothing sent to the app. Customer service hasn't even answered me yet. Probably be the last time I deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                      Tou can get a little assortment there for what most are charging for just one. It's an sma connector btw.

BCP 2 Pcs SMA Male to SMA Male Plug+ 2 Pcs SMA Female to SMA Female Jack RF Coaxial Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA

Thank you! Got it ordered

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        As far as kinks, I just bought two of the new micros. One hasn't worked yet, the other has been great. Broken one wont take any pics. The LEDs light up, but nothing on the card and nothing sent to the app. Customer service hasn't even answered me yet. Probably be the last time I deal with them.

Email is slow to no response. Call them and put it on speaker phone and wait them out while you are doing something else.’ve calles twice and waited 30-45 mins for someone to answer. They are helpful once you get through to them.

Comment

Mine worked flawlessly first 3 weeks and just stopped two nights ago. Guess there is not much I can do until I drive to the lease

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                            Email is slow to no response. Call them and put it on speaker phone and wait them out while you are doing something else.’ve calles twice and waited 30-45 mins for someone to answer. They are helpful once you get through to them.
                            Yeah this isn't the first time, I have teo link-s cameras. Had an issue with one if them, and had no problem getting through. I will give em a call. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              Mine worked flawlessly first 3 weeks and just stopped two nights ago. Guess there is not much I can do until I drive to the lease
                              I have been having this problem as well, I'm assuming that its from the antenna not remaining upright. Each time it stops transmitting and I go to the lease to check its pointing at the ground. I have had this problem with both the antenna that came with the camera and the one I bought off of amazon. Hopefully going to fix that problem this weekend.

Comment

We had one for 3 weeks. Had to manually reset it 3x which meant turning the camera off and back on, not what you want for a remote camera 6 hours away. Returned it and bought a Covert Code Black LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X