Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dicks sporting goods to remove all guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicks sporting goods to remove all guns.

Months after removing assault-style rifles from their stores, the sporting goods chain is considering another controversial move.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That should help their bottom line.

Comment

So how long before the deal alert on rock bottom pricing on guns ??

Comment

Wonder if that just means Field and Stream will carry it all.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
          So how long before the deal alert on rock bottom pricing on guns ??
          Never after reading the following.

Almost two months after ****'s Sporting Goods announced they will no longer be selling assault-style weapons, the company announced it is destroying the unsold stock.

"We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our Feb. 28 policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations," the company said in a statement to ABC News.

Comment

Idiots

Comment

So they are gonna turn themselves into a Sports Authority type store. We see where that lead them. Guess ****'s will be heading down that same path.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the posters above. This should work out really well for them.

If you dig a hole for yourself and things are looking bad and getting worse, just keep on digging.

Comment

I went in one one time reminded me of Gander mountain it sucked. They will be closed soon.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      Never after reading the following.

Almost two months after ****'s Sporting Goods announced they will no longer be selling assault-style weapons, the company announced it is destroying the unsold stock.

"We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our Feb. 28 policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations," the company said in a statement to ABC News.
                      Sooooo.......after Q3 sales fell 4.5 percent because of the above it makes perfect sense to remove all guns.

Stock holders are going to love it!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

Comment

I buy baseball stuff at ****’s. Some clothing, shoes, etc. Never once considered them a player in firearms. Nor do I consider them a player in fishing gear. Seems like a move to focus on their core competencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          Seems like a move to focus on their core competencies.
                          Well if that was simply the case, I would say smart business move. But that is not what happened here. They chose a political side, not a business strategy. A business move would have been, we arent good a gun sales so we are eliminating that from our business model. Guns being destroyed isnt a business stategy that helps shareholders. I have said it numerous times, those people they ****** off by choosing a political side bought a lot of other stuff besides guns. Their bottom line will continue to suffer.

Comment

finally the store lives up to the name.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                              finally the store lives up to the name.

bwhahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X