what 3 items for naked and afraid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what 3 items for naked and afraid?

so far, i've seen the producers give the couples a small cookpot, a machete, or a ferrorod. I'd want as big of a chunk of lw tarp as I could get by with, the machete and I'd want my partner to bring as big of a paracord hammock as she can get away with. Then we'd be set up pretty well. Make netting out of the parracord's inner strands, tie up a chunk of tarp as a shelter, make breechclouts out of chunks of tarp. Make containers out of the tarp. Make a pump drill out of wood and the paracord, with a chunk of abraded tarp as a coal extender. The flywheel-weights for the pump drill can be 7" long, 3" OD hunks of log. They need to be matching in weight, you see, or they create wobble in the spindle as it turns. It's a big pita to make a pumpdrill, especailly with a machete, it will take half a day, but at least the 2 of you can wrap up in the tarp as you attempt it. Dig a pit, line it with the tarp, line the tarp with sand or small gravel, stone boil water in the pit, pour off the potable water into a tarp container. When there's two of you, a seine becomes THE way to get food.

Thermocell, 12ga, Wall tent.

Comment

Pope & Young is in your immediate future
      If ever comes to voting for contestants, you got mine.

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      Thermocell, 12ga, Wall tent.
      Wall tent should be made of leather, so you can boil it and slowly eat it.

Comment

After seeing the episode where the guy got tagged in the wangdoodle by a yellow jacket, I’d at least want a jock strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thermocell, 12ga and a pair of britches.

Comment

Shoes underwear and a pillow

Comment

More clothes, a plane ticket home and whiskey. I like the outdoors but have no desire to strand myself for no real reason. Let alone to do so but neked

Comment

Good recurve bow and arrows, machete, fire starter.

Comment

Keystone, Vodka and Beef Jerky.

Comment

the only one of the above items allowed would be the firestarter and machete. No clothing is allowed, altho they've been allowed to make some, out of a nutria hide once and out of duct tape another time. You'll never see guns allowed on survival shoes, due to the international audience and the anti-gunners not wanting people to see what a game changer it is to have a gun. Anyone with a good rifle on the Alone show could have taken deer, wolves, bears, had much more food and bait for more. While some 'think" that the gun for the job is a 222 over a 20 ga, with a .22lr adapter for the 222 barrel, I'd rather have rapidfire with the .22lr than the shotgun, as long as I also have rapidfire for the centefire rifle. As in a .22lr conversion unit in a 223 AR-15. With 60 gr softpoints, the 223 does just as well on big critters as the 30-30 ever did.
                    Last edited by awright; 11-28-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I gotta ask.... awright, where have you acquired all this knowledge? you seem to know some good info. what is your background?

Comment

Woman, beer, and a tent

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                          Keystone, Vodka and Beef Jerky.

I’ve always said it would be better as an HBO series anyway. Just hope the partner on that episode isn’t Sasquatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                            Woman, beer, and a tent
                            they give you a woman! but most want to give them back after a couple of days.

I wouldn't even consider naked and afraid. Rather do Alone and compete for 500k.

Comment

RV and HEB gift card

Comment

Working...
                              X