Buying a new car Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
    The buyers invoice game is a common tactic now. Just make sure you’re comparing apples to apples in trim and whatnot.

Get an invoice on a vehicle at a negotiated price then send it to a different dealership. Keep going around until you get the lowest possible price, ON PAPER. No handshake agreements. Make sure they give you the invoice. I made a trip for a truck once and got screwed when they had “dealer add-ones” they wouldn’t take off.
    That's so 80's! Well, thats what I was told anyway. It's 2018, you should just trust your salesmen!

Comment

This is how my wife buys a car. She does her home work on what kind of car she wants and how much it's selling for. She walks into the dealership with One check that has the 20% down payment and the car dealers name on it. She introduces herself to the first salesman that walks up, tells him what she wants, and hands him the check. She tells him to go talk to his manager and bring back the keys or the check. When the manager comes back and tells her he can't do it, she takes the check, tears it up and tells him to give her a call if he changes he's mind. With in the hour they are calling her back. She's done this on her last three cars.

Comment

One thing we learned is that time is on your side. Patience is your greatest weapon. The car sales business is dependent on customer impulse and emotion and once you take those tools from them they are completely powerless. We were looking at a new van around the end of the 2nd quarter. Prices were pretty good among all dealers and they were all competing for our business. We weren’t quite ready to buy, and we missed the opportunity we didn’t know we had which was the end of quarter bonuses. As soon as July 1st came, prices shot up several thousand dollars and dealer adds became non-negotiable. This totally threw us off, but once we learned it was a waiting game we used it to our advantage. I then called every dealer in Houston and told them I knew their bull**** and they could either make a quick sale on a price we both knew they would accept or run the risk of losing me to another dealer. Some tried to play hardball and got ditched. It was interesting to see their offers quickly come back down to pre end of quarter prices and even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          I’ve always been told the absolute best time is the week between Christmas and New Years.
          This is true if you going to buy a 2018, we just got a 2018 Honda Pilot and got 22% off the sticker.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. In just doing some internet research, it looks like covert in Austin has some of the best pricing for Yukon’s. Does anyone have any other dealerships they recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              IMO there is no good time. They tell you every month is the best LOL

You just need to know exactly what you want and what you want to pay and stick to it. It may take a little time though.
              x2

Comment

Done this several times and it's worked for me and some friends.
                There are plenty of great tips to follow in order to make the right choice and get the top deal, and dealers have a few of their best tips to share.

Comment

Originally posted by altez View Post
                  Done this several times and it's worked for me and some friends.
                  https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...new-car-2016-5
                  My plan for my next vehicle to a T

Great read

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I seen a 69,000.00 Suburban yesterday.
                    I honestly can't believe how expensive those things have gotten. I would have never expected it. Next time gas spikes, those things are going to sell cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X