No announcement yet.

Stinky Yeti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico made vanilla extract (much stronger than American made) pour it on a rag wipe the whole inside down throw the rag in the bottom close it up for a couple days. I got this trick from an appliance repair guy that's what he does to get the smell out of freezers that go out full of meat and sit for a couple days before the owner realizes what happened.

Comment

Send it back to Yeti

Comment

May have to pull the gasket out of the lid and clean under there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy a Cheap Bag of Charcoal and Place is Cooler Cut Open. Should Take Care of any Bad Odder.

Comment

Bleach it and set out in sun for a while. Sun should kill most the smells to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
              Buy a Cheap Bag of Charcoal and Place is Cooler Cut Open. Should Take Care of any Bad Odder.
              My wife started hanging little charcoal "filter" bags around the cat litter pan and they definitely help with the smell, to this might work.

Comment

If you send me your address I'll send you a product that will help. It is call EM-1. It will take several applications but it will get the smell out.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  Raffle it off to several of your millennial hipster coworkers
                  This gets my vote, but I have learned some interesting tips from this thread...Mexican Vanilla and charcoal...I love this site.

Comment

Activated charcoal is a great way to get the smell out.

Comment

newspaper and vanilla. An extension agent gave me this tip on a freezer we had that came unplugged. fill it full of crumpled newspaper and add a few drops of vanilla. may have to do it a couple of times over the course of a couple of weeks. we tried everything on our freezer and this was the only thing that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                        I've always just filled them about half full of water with about a half gallon of bleach and let them slosh around in the bed of my truck for a week or so... Never had one too nasty to be fixed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                        Done this multiple times. It will get the dead fish smell out so surely it will work on a pig

Comment

I have found that bleach doesn't get rid of the smell and i honestly don't really like the smell of bleach itself.

This sounds crazy but I use tooth paste to get my coolers smelling less fishy or when it has a bad odor. The tooth paste does the same as it does with your teeth as for as have a little abrasiveness to it and then the fluoride or what ever it is kills the germs and bacteria that cause bad breath and or odor.

it works really well and it is easy to see what areas of the cooler you haven't yet touched as it will foam up where you have scrubbed it. And the best thing, it smells like whatever flavor tooth paste you buy. So if you like mint you can have it that way.

Comment

My Question is how long did he leave it in there. I thought Yetis held Ice for weeks.. Now you know why he doesn’t have a cooler.

But seriously I’d try all stated above soaking it with bleach for days spray or wipe wth real lemon juice. And after all else leave open within the next year it should air out . Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              Bleach it and set out in sun for a while. Sun should kill most the smells to.
                              This does it for my coolers everytime. Wash, rinse, sun, repeat until no stink. I used a spray bottle with 3 caps of bleach and the rest water after the first wash. Left it in the sun and sprayed it every few hours.

Comment

thanks everyone. I've got it filled to the brim with soapy bleach water right now. gonna let that sit in there until I get home from work. i'll rinse it out and do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X