Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Christian, I hope he was able to make things right with God before passing. I'm not sure why the fact that he didn't believe in God is such a huge deal on this thread. There are plenty of TBH'ers that also don't believe in God. Not everyone that is told about the Gospel will accept it.

Comment

RIP.

All I know is that there is no downside to being a Christ Follower as there is to not being one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        God scratches his head... "Hey Einstein...You forgot somebody"...
        you "prayers up" dudes got it all figured out. God will save you without accepting the blood sacrifice of his only son?

einstein indeed. well, smart something at least.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          As a Christian, I hope he was able to make things right with God before passing. I'm not sure why the fact that he didn't believe in God is such a huge deal on this thread. There are plenty of TBH'ers that also don't believe in God. Not everyone that is told about the Gospel will accept it.
          True, and not everyone that accepts it will represent it well.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
            you "prayers up" dudes got it all figured out. God will save you without accepting the blood sacrifice of his only son?

einstein indeed. well, smart something at least.

Thanks for making my point...

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              When folks become disenfranchised with Christians that keep them further away from God, you can thank people like monsterspike and Johnny44. It's not always what you say, but how you say it. We should mourn for those lost souls, not boast gleefully that someone burns in hell. I can't imagine Jesus would have cared to hang out with you two for very long. Just sad.

I'm a Christian and I know there will be people in heaven that acted on earth like monsterspike and Johnny44....i mean grace is a huge thing. I just hope Heaven is big enough that I don't have be around them to watch them gloat about who gets in and who doesn't.

I hope this sounded civil because I had to retype it three times to keep from getting sent to the cooler.
              This... I was trying to find a way to say it. Yes as Christians we should grieve the loss of a souls who does not believe, not climb to the top of our pedastal, thump our chest and berate the non believer.

My only disagreement is that I don’t expect to see any SELF-righteous in heaven. I suspect many a modern day Pharisee will be denied salvation.

Comment

I'm impressed with the TBH community calling out the judgmental comments on this thread. Last time I checked none of us is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  True, and not everyone that accepts it will represent it well.

Also true.

Comment

If I have to spend eternity with some of the judgemental people on here that would have the audacity to call out a crippled old man in one breath and praise god with the next....I'll freakin pass. Screw that. There's a word for people like that....that word is hypocrite.

You think just because you carry a Bible under your arm on Sunday that you can judge people....I don't think so. In my opinion if anyone is going to hell it's people like that.

Comment

I read somewhere that Hawking formulated some of his ideas on information retrieval from event horizons utilizing models based on the steady, parallel oscillation (or periodic motion to and fro) of an unstable ring around an object utilizing torque to generate centripetal force.

Obviously, this requires an extended examination to quantify its efficacy.

Obviously.

Comment

I was always told if you were going fishing with a Baptist and you have a cooler of beer, then you better invite two Baptist. One will drink all your beer, but two won't touch it. Idk

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                          I'm impressed with the TBH community calling out the judgmental comments on this thread. Last time I checked none of us is perfect.
                          running to defend those who bash Christ is not heroic. it is pathetic. i mean you guys would fight anyone that kicks your stinkin' dog, but the disrespect of Christ raises no ire. interesting. insults to Him fall on me. i guess im alone in that. carry on gents.

Comment

Anyone smell pickles?

Comment

running to defend those who bash Christ is not heroic. it is pathetic. i mean you guys would fight anyone that kicks your stinkin' dog, but the disrespect of Christ raises no ire. interesting. insults to Him fall on me. i guess im alone in that. carry on gents.
                              I didn't read where anyone bashed Christ. Hawking's beliefs were that there was no heaven. I also didn't read where anyone "defended" Hawking but his right to his opinion. An opinion that has eternal consequences. The point to be made is, if he's lost to hell it's sad. God doesn't need your help defending Him and I'm sure He doesn't appreciate the manner in which you do it. You're a cancer on the soul of Christianity and you'll ruin many more Christian relationships than you'll ever nurture. You're too stupid to realize it, but that don't make it less true.

Comment

I haven't read much of the thread, just skimmed thru and I sure hope he was able to get right with God before passing. But I do agree with monsterspike in his quoted quote. Not sure about the Christian's judging Mr Hawking's, but speaking the truth isnt actually being judgemental is it? If he wasn't saved, he will not be in heaven.

With that said, I also don't understand how a thread about his passing has turned in to a religion argument.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X