No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel Upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, if I was in the market for one I'd jump one of these.

http://www.primaryarms.com/radical-1...5-ss-med-15fhr

http://www.primaryarms.com/radical-1...5-ss-med-15mor

Comment

Built my own Grendel and the barrel I bought came with a bolt as they all should. Especially a complete upper. And would be surprised if a mag didn't come with it also because the 5.56/223 will not work without serious work. I built my rifle except for the receivers which were Christmas and B'day, out of the Midway catalog. They also have complete uppers.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
        Same thing here. I keep seeing that Radical, and mostly good reviews on it. But the Larue is just a couple hundred more. Decisions.....

For only $200 more you'd be crazy NOT to upgrade to the Larue over the Radical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm leaning toward the LaRue. Just put one of my 5.56's up for sale to make it semi-painless. Always hard to sell a gun and something I try not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            For only $200 more you'd be crazy NOT to upgrade to the Larue over the Radical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
            A damm fool.

Comment

This may be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                A damm fool.

Well that sure what I was thinking but just didn’t say it out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txisboi23 View Post
                  This may be worth a shot.

You typically get what you pay for when it comes to things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    You typically get what you pay for when it comes to things like this.

Mike-

You have a recommendation on a really good 6.5 Grendel barrel? I have a LaRue Stealth rifle that I got way back when they first came out. It never really shot as well as I liked but I killed a truckload of coyotes with it nonetheless. I’m looking to rebuild the upper with a hand guard instead of that heavy and uncomfortable rail it came with and a different caliber. Maybe I’ll actually use the darn thing. I’m going back and forth between turning it into a 22nosler and a 6.5Grendel.

Comment

What is a good length for a 6.5 barrel.

Comment

I just ordered the Primary Arms for just over $400 shipped w/tax. Cheapest I could configure the Larue was about $800 before tax/shipping. I'd love to have the Larue but just couldn't justify twice the price.

Comment

What is your thoughts on the Alexander Arms complete upper in 6.5 Grendel? I was looking at the 18" side charging hunter. Is the LaRue a better choice for a lot less money?

Comment

6.5 Grendel Upper

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post

Same question here. Can it be a good SBR or does it need 18” (or more) to get a full burn and really be worth doing? I’m not going to shoot at anything with it out past 250 and 95% will be quick, short shots. Thought it might be a better truck gun round than .223.

I found a pretty good Black Friday deal on a 12.5” bbl

Comment

6.5 Grendel Upper

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                                Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                                Same question here. Can it be a good SBR or does it need 18” (or more) to get a full burn and really be worth doing? I’m not going to shoot at anything with it out past 250 and 95% will be quick, short shots. Thought it might be a better truck gun round than .223.

I found a pretty good Black Friday deal on a 12.5” bbl

Nick, I don’t have any experience with short barrels in a Grendel. Lgidewell on here posted a couple of hog kills with a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel.

Thread title is something like new record kill with SBR or something like that. I do remember him saying that his velocities with 123 grain bullets were down in the 2300fps which would concern me and IMO severely limit your choice in bullets, not to mention give up a lot of the advantages of a 6.5mm Bullet. For reference my 18” Alexander Arms barrel ran low 2500fps with that class Bullet and my current 20” Bartlein 5R barrel runs mid-upper 2500 fps.

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                                Mike-

You have a recommendation on a really good 6.5 Grendel barrel? I have a LaRue Stealth rifle that I got way back when they first came out. It never really shot as well as I liked but I killed a truckload of coyotes with it nonetheless. I’m looking to rebuild the upper with a hand guard instead of that heavy and uncomfortable rail it came with and a different caliber. Maybe I’ll actually use the darn thing. I’m going back and forth between turning it into a 22nosler and a 6.5Grendel.

Knowing your taste in guns I’d look at Barltein and Lilja barrels. Proof is also chambering a barrel in 6.5 Grendel

Alexander Arms is the inventor of of the Grendel and I was very happy with mine. I have zero experience with them but Ballistic Advantage is supposed to be turning out some good barrels for the $$.

Comment

Working...
                                X