• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I might be giving this a shot!

Comment

Nice

Comment

I had not thought of this before. I am going to give it a try tomorrow.

Comment

Have to get me one of those!

Comment

Thanks for sharing a good idea. I have cut carbon arrows with a fine triangular file, but I believe the tubing cutter should give a more square cut.

Comment

To clean up the inside edge you can get a medium size wedge countersink and use it to smooth the edge.
              Roy

Comment

All arrow manufacture heavily advise against this method. You can get a little high speed cut off saw at harbor freight for under $20 I believe. Please be carful, if it goes wrong it going to go "Really wrong".
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 06-25-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Noooope

Comment

Pens- yes, safe arrows- no.

Comment

That is how I have always cut aluminum arrows. Not sure on the FMJ it would work as good.

Comment

You can cut steak with a fork, cloth with a knife & butter with a brick...

If it's two or three aluminum arrows, you may get by ok with this method. But carbon? Come on, guys!

A cheap Harbor Freight high speed cut off saw turning at 10-20,000 rpms for $30 vs a $10 pipe cutter-- do you really wonder which one's gonna give you a better, safer cut?

There's a time and a place for saving money. THIS A'INT IT!

Comment

Working...
                        X