Finally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!!!

I shouldn't really say finally but I guess it works! A couple of my buddies have gotten into traditional archery recently and I shot one some as a kid and enjoyed it! I'm not that good with a compound so I really have no idea why I decided to give this a try but I did! Searched classifieds for a couple months to no avail after an affordable Bob Lee or Black Widow and said the heck with it and used CC points to order a Sammick Sage 45lb bow! Had Rocky at Lake Country Archery set me up with arrows and off I went! Buff gave me great advise and kept my head in the game and every trip to the lease I corned up a couple spots I felt I could get a close shot. Well hitting targets and hitting a 4 legged furry animal are quite different! It took 3 lease trips to get it done and luckily nothing was harmed and in the process I got really good at sharpening broadheads! After pretty much as bad of a sit as one could have Friday evening I went back to the Krivoman Sat morning, corned up my cactus clump at 12yds and crawled in the blind with the Ozonics and the heater going! Several does with yearlings came in and finally a decent cull buck made his way to the corn running off a couple younger bucks. Bucks were chasing does all over so it made for some difficult hunting! He finally made it to 13yds broadside and after a few bites of corn a buck in the opening caught his attention and he turned to look their way! I came to full draw focused only on his armpit, counted to 2 like Buff said, and turned loose the GT 500 Traditional tipped with a 125 Magnus Stinger 2 blade! This shot looked much different that the ones before it! This one found it's entrance right where I was looking! I heard the familiar thwack of contact with flesh! The deer crouched and with a huge leap snapped my arrow in 2 and bounded off with bright blood pouring from his side! Man what a relief! I was a mess after the shot! I felt like I heard him fall not too far away but regardless gave myself an hour before I crawled out to look. Severla does came back while I was waiting and would look the direction he went blowing an stomping so I was hoping he was laid up not too far! After an eternity I gave up waiting at 50 minutes and slipped out to recover the back half of my arrow! It was covered up to the fletchings in bright red bubbly blood and an examination of the shot location revealed a blood trail even my blind self could follow no problem! About 10-15 yards into the track I looked up to see my deer about 40 yards away crash landed in the mud next to a big cedar! Man I was fired up!! Headed back after Christmas to try and get a doe! Leaving the wheel bow at home next trip!

Slew
    Attached Files

Hey Slew that is some awesome stuff right there. Congratulations and welcome to the crazy ride that is traditional archery. Buff is a smart man and the inspiration of my taking the plunge as well. Keep up the good work and again, congratulations.

Comment

There is nothing quite like your first trad killed deer. Big congratulations.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!

Congrats

Comment

Mad skillzz! Nice!!

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet, Congrats!

Comment

Way to go!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Clay

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the buck. But I would have said unfamiliar thwack of contact with flesh since this is your first one. Great story. Enjoyed reading it.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Outstanding Slew and congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations sir. I hope to do the same with my sage I also just started with.

Comment

Working...
                              X