I feel like such a rookie!! (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like such a rookie!! (Video)

Had a target buck come in on my hill country lease. Not only did I bump the back of the blind on the draw, I bumped my camera with my stabilizer while I still had a chance of shooting the buck.

These hill county deer are a bit tougher to get on than what I'm used to in South Texas!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-EtTQ1daQ"]Grey 8 error - YouTube[/ame]

Nice Buck, you’ll get him next time,

Comment

Lol man that sucks. Live and learn

Comment

It happens, he will be back!!

Comment

Oops! At least you have had a shooter in front of you. I've seen only does and dink bucks so far this season.

Comment

Yep that's bow hunting everything has to go right that's what makes it such a awesome addiction..

Comment

Don’t worry Casey...he will be back. Heck, it was probably those darn slinkys on the feeder that scared him more than anything!!

Comment

Its been one of those kinda years for us bowhunters..

Comment

That sucks

Comment

That sucks man hopfully you will get another chance at him

Comment

Bummer. Let you know you are not alone. I had a spike I was after walk out on me this weekend and when he walked behind I large bush I went to set my binos down to grap gun and dropped them off the shelf. He adventully came back out head back towrds me. Got a shot off and lost him. A sad day of hunting., but the blood got pumping.

Comment

It happens to all of us. B patient he'll b back. Good luck.

Comment

We've been getting schooled out there as the cameras show good bucks almost every morning and evening, but when we are in a blind, it's spikes, does and fawns. Blanco county deer have super powers. Getting this guy in front of me finally, had me excited. I hope to run into him again. He's a regular here.

Look at those black hocks! He's a busy boy.

Comment

gotta love rookie mistakes - I made the mistake of not taking my rangefinder to the woods with me while "guiding" my son yesterday morning. Sure enough he got a shot opportunity and missed low after I told him to shoot for 20yds and the gobbler ended up being 30yds. I bet you get another shot at him before the season is over.

Comment

Lots of deer get to live another year for hunters trying to self video their hunts. I had a 10 with a 7-8 inch drop last year that I screwed up on trying to video. I had him at 15 yards but not in camera frame and he ran a doe and came back and made a poor shot and never found him.

Comment

Working...
                              X