No announcement yet.

Lets talk Doggy Doors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made my own. my dogs..german shepherd and lab...they torn down those cheaply made overpriced petsmart, home depot doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      They do make doors that open when your pet gets close to it while wearing a special collar.
      We have had dog doors, in 2 different houses now. The house we live in now had a single flap dog door that was old. I replaced it with one with 2 flaps and it's been great. I would NEVER buy a single flap dog door again, you loose too much heat/AC.
      I bought the wrong size dog door at first, so I had to order another one. I'll see if I can find the one we didn't use. If so, I'll send you a PM.
      I'm with Keith on this one. Get the door that requires your dog to wear the special collar. That way no other animals can get in.

Comment

My buddy installed one that uses a sensor/magnet attached to th dog's collar. That way the doggie door can't be used by anything or anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          We've got a big tomcat that brings something in through the pet door almost every night. Mice, rats, moles, birds, snakes, and even half grown rabbits! Luckily he takes them straight into the hall bathroom and right into the tub. Some mornings it looks like the Valentine's Day Massacre happened in there.

Yikes, at least they are dead and contained.

Comment

Thank you for the additional info.

Comment

Working...
            X