Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Walmart chicken is AWESOME!!!!!!
    Their General Tso's chicken is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      All joking aside I've heard more people getting seriously ill from LJS than all other fast food combined.

Just keep eating there. You will join the "never again" crowd sooner or later. And when you're 10x worse off on your knees holding the porcelain god versus being drunk you will remember this thread.

I actually liked the food considering it's fast fish. Can't risk it though. It's not opinion good/bad when people get sick.
      I've only got sick one time in my life from food. Back in the early 90's a fish sammich from McDonalds got me. I'm pretty sure it was the tarter sauce and not the fish. I've been eating LJS since the 70's and it has never bothered me.

Comment

Long John Silvers deal alert

No Nancy gut here.

I ate my fair share of LJS back in the day. Loved the battered chicken, clam strips and cocktail red sauce. Fish was OK too but I preferred the chicken. Been 8 ish years since they closed the one in Denton IIRC and I don't search them out. I agree about everything in the dining area seemingly having a layer of grease on it, but hell I've sat in worse to eat lips and a-holes hotdogs...

Always cracks me up to hear the guys who say "I ate this or that and I was in the bathroom in 15-30 minutes." Hell it takes 6-8 hours to digest food. You need to look at the meal before LJS or Taco Bell before you start blaming your bubble gut on the most recent meal.[emoji15]... "and now you know the rest of the story..".
        Last edited by Smart; 09-12-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Thought Smart's post was wrong so I looked it up:

Norovirus, often called stomach flu, is behind more than half of the foodborne illnesses in the U.S. where the cause is known. Norovirus can sicken you not only through eating contaminated foods, but also through touching doorknobs and other surfaces or having contact with an infected person. You should wipe down the kitchen if someone in your house has it. It typically takes 12-48 hours before you feel sick. Your symptoms may last 1-3 days.
          • Salmonella is the name of a group of bacteria. They grow in undercooked eggs and meat. But you can also get salmonella from unpasteurized milk or cheese. Some fruits and vegetables, such as melons or sprouts, can also cause it. Symptoms start within 1-3 days and can last up to a week.
          • Clostridium perfringens are bacteria that are more likely to show up when foods are prepared in bulk, such as in cafeterias or nursing homes or for catered events. Cooking kills the bacteria but not its spores. So food left warming can grow new germs. You can get it from beef, chicken, or gravy. You may have cramps and diarrhea but no other symptoms. You get sick within 6-24 hours and are usually feeling better in a couple of days.
          • Campylobacter comes from undercooked poultry, unpasteurized milk, and sometimes water. It may take 2-5 days to develop symptoms you can notice. But you should feel better in another 2-10 days. You can't pass it to anyone. But if it's serious, you might have bloody diarrhea.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            I've only got sick one time in my life from food. Back in the early 90's a fish sammich from McDonalds got me. I'm pretty sure it was the tarter sauce and not the fish. I've been eating LJS since the 70's and it has never bothered me.
            And do you still eat MD's tarter sauce?

I've only been really sick once from food and it was LJS shortly after my buddy got sick there. So it's easy to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
              Thought Smart's post was wrong so I looked it up:

Norovirus, often called stomach flu, is behind more than half of the foodborne illnesses in the U.S. where the cause is known. Norovirus can sicken you not only through eating contaminated foods, but also through touching doorknobs and other surfaces or having contact with an infected person. You should wipe down the kitchen if someone in your house has it. It typically takes 12-48 hours before you feel sick. Your symptoms may last 1-3 days.
              • Salmonella is the name of a group of bacteria. They grow in undercooked eggs and meat. But you can also get salmonella from unpasteurized milk or cheese. Some fruits and vegetables, such as melons or sprouts, can also cause it. Symptoms start within 1-3 days and can last up to a week.
              • Clostridium perfringens are bacteria that are more likely to show up when foods are prepared in bulk, such as in cafeterias or nursing homes or for catered events. Cooking kills the bacteria but not its spores. So food left warming can grow new germs. You can get it from beef, chicken, or gravy. You may have cramps and diarrhea but no other symptoms. You get sick within 6-24 hours and are usually feeling better in a couple of days.
              • Campylobacter comes from undercooked poultry, unpasteurized milk, and sometimes water. It may take 2-5 days to develop symptoms you can notice. But you should feel better in another 2-10 days. You can't pass it to anyone. But if it's serious, you might have bloody diarrhea.

There it is folks....

Comment

And do you still eat MD's tarter sauce?

I've only been really sick once from food and it was LJS shortly after my buddy got sick there. So it's easy to avoid.
                I haven't eatin tarter sauce at all since then. If anything has mayo in it and I'm not sure how cold it has been kept, I don't eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  No Nancy gut here.

I ate my fair share of LJS back in the day. Loved the battered chicken, clam strips and cocktail red sauce. Fish was OK too but I preferred the chicken. Been 8 ish years since they closed the one in Denton IIRC and I don't search them out. I agree about everything in the dining area seemingly having a layer of grease on it, but hell I've sat in worse to eat lips and a-holes hotdogs...

Always cracks me up to hear the guys who say "I ate this or that and I was in the bathroom in 15-30 minutes." Hell it takes 6-8 hours to digest food. You need to look at the meal before LJS or Taco Bell before you start blaming your bubble gut on the most recent meal.[emoji15]... "and now you know the rest of the story..".
                  There are things that for other reasons than digestion, will pretty much go right through you. Ask folks that have had their gall bladder removed. They usually have to be near a rest room when they eat. If mayo isn't kept cold, it will get me in less than an hour. We used to live 1/2 mile from Pancho's Mexican "food". After eating, it would be a race to the toilets by time we got home. It may not actually be the food you just ate, but some stuff seem's to trigger it rather quickly.

Comment

Long John Silvers deal alert

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    There are things that for other reasons than digestion, will pretty much go right through you. Ask folks that have had their gall bladder removed. They usually have to be near a rest room when they eat. If mayo isn't kept cold, it will get me in less than an hour. We used to live 1/2 mile from Pancho's Mexican "food". After eating, it would be a race to the toilets by time we got home. It may not actually be the food you just ate, but some stuff seem's to trigger it rather quickly.

Yeah yeah.... it's all in your head. [emoji23][emoji13]

It's certainly not the food you just ate leaving in a rush for the toilet. It's impossible to process it into waste that fast. Eating in general can trigger dumps..but it's not the quality of food that does it and it doesn't "go right through you". It's just your body's natural release functions of the stomach telling your colon to make room or empty because another round is coming....see the gastrocolic reflex. It's perfectly normal.
                    Last edited by Smart; 09-13-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                      Sounds like you guys didnt use enough malt vinager on your fish.
                      absolutely correct, the malt vinegar is the critical component that makes it safe to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Yeah yeah.... it's all in your head. [emoji23][emoji13]

It's certainly not the food you just ate leaving in a rush for the toilet. It's impossible to process it into waste that fast. Eating in general can trigger dumps..but it's not the quality of food that does it and it doesn't "go right through you". It's just your body's natural release functions of the stomach telling your colon to make room or empty because another round is coming....see the gastrocolic reflex. It's perfectly normal.
                        Yeah, yeah , yeah. Blah, blah blah. Back to the fried twinkies! I was hoping to try it out tonight, but we're having dinner at the neighbors house. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Comment

Haven't been in 10 years, maybe its time!

Comment

A LJS/squirts debate. Now that is impressive.

Comment

Everyone drink a cup of warm grease for lunch. We will see how fast it all comes out.

Comment

Everyone drink a cup of warm grease for lunch. We will see how fast it all comes out.
                                I'll guarantee you it doesn't take 8-12 hours for Pancho's Mexican food to leave your body.

Comment

Working...
                                X