Barndo Build...FINALLY UNDERWAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo Build...FINALLY UNDERWAY!!!

So we purchased 11.5 wooded acres in 2015 with plans to build a barndo/barn house. Finally got our house sold...closed February 29th and hoped to get started right away.
    We cleared only enough trees to put the house/barn and pool pad on along with an area for the pond. We got our fence up (high tensile wire around entire perimeter). Then the rains came and kept on coming. Then the floods came...and kept on coming. We did learn just how high we have to build so it all happens for a reason!
    Now here we are in July and we have FINALLY had some major progress.
    The week of July 4th they were able to start the dirt work and the monster arrived. This is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen. A giant tractor with a giant skid pan moving enormous amounts of dirt (15-17 yards at a time) packing it as he goes along. The pond had to be enlarged a bit here and there as we 'ran out of dirt' at one point...HAH!
    The pad size is roughly 150'x150' and is 5' high in elevation. We may eventually be an island at some point when/if the flooding happens again but we SHOULD be DRY!
    Headed for funding next week and then the rest of the adventure begins! We are extremely excited and can't wait to get our 'LODGE' as my husband calls it up and ready to be lived in!

Hope the pictures do some justice. Will keep updated as we go along! Fingers crossed for a speedy project!

These pics are pre-dirtwork. This is the area we cleared trees for the house pad. The picture of the fence shows how high the water got as you can see 'stuff' stuck in the fence. I will add house pad pics shortly.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files

House Pad Pics

Ok...here are some of the monster, the house pad and the driveway!
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks pretty cool Skye. Congrats to you and my amigo. I'll be the first to say that water line on the fence is scary. I'm assuming it will be done around crawfish season so that we can have a big housewarming pachanga?

Ray

Comment

Hey Ray!! We are HOPING to be in by New Years!! But we were hoping to be in by Labor Day prior to the monsoon! HAH

Jim wants to try and get an ag exemption for a crawfish farm. LOL And the pond is quite large so he wants to contact DU to see if they will pay for a duck sanctuary HAHAHAHA!

But in answer to your question...YES we WILL be done by next April for our normal Boil/Party! We sure missed it this year!

Hope to see you guys sooner than that! Tell Melinda and the girls hello for us!

Comment

Winning, that place is gonna be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            Winning, that place is gonna be awesome.
            Thank you much!! We are SUPER EXCITED! Can't happen fast enough.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck going forward

Comment

Glad you finally got it going Skye still waiting on ours ! will have to come take a look !

Comment

who dug your pond ?

Comment

Hey Keith!! We are beyond excited. Apex is gonna do our building!!

Mr Merle Koehn did the dirt work. FANTASTIC people!!!! I'll send u a pic of his card. Yes you guys need to come check it out!!!

Comment

Congratulations y'all will love seeing your plans come together!!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Congratulations and good luck going forward
                        Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Congratulations y'all will love seeing your plans come together!!
                        Thank you!!! We can hardly wait!

Comment

I would like to build my own home!! Have fun and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Looking good. Congrats

Comment

Looks great! Congrats on the start of a wonderful home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X