Longtail mud motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longtail mud motor

Anybody run one. I just bought a mud buddy longtail with a 24hp Honda motor. Going on a 1648 Lowe mod v. Primarily for ducks but also for bowfishing and playing in the mud

I have before and went to a SD

1st question- where will you be running it? What area?
    2nd question- Is the boat a ribbed bottom boat?

Comment

Slow and terrible in mud.. great in sand however, as you can really dig them down.

Oh and be prepared to bruise ribs if you're in stumpy areas and have arms like popeye.

That being said, they are pretty fun to run. Have had 3, running a surface drive now.

Comment

following

Comment

Ribbed bottom, going to be running the river until I get into the sloughs. Full of drift wood, mud and sandy bottom

Comment

We run several long tail Go Devils. We using them on our blinds with shorter runs, not as fast as the surface drives. We have had great luck with them and have been in plenty of mud here in South La.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
              Ribbed bottom, going to be running the river until I get into the sloughs. Full of drift wood, mud and sandy bottom
              With a ribbed bottoms you're going to have alot of dra. When you hit the mud or sand that boat will come to a complete stop. Any mud motor is useless in sand.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran long tails years ago but switched to the SD when they came out. Much faster and easier to handle

Comment

Working...
                X