Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice on Texoma COE hunting. Any help appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually hunt Oklahoma but with my busy schedule this season I’m needing to hunt closer to the house. Been scouting Texoma Texas side on Hunt Stand pretty hard. Trying to decide where to go set up/scout this week. I hate hunting around a bunch of people. I’ll walk pretty far to get away from the crowds and up my odds. Been looking behind the spillway as well over around Cross Timbers and couple other areas. I know Brushy Creek is most popular but maybe over pressured? Any help is appreciated. PM’s May be easier as to keep it on the hush.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When we were going up there a lot I'd always see deer near the spill way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      When we were going up there a lot I'd always see deer near the spill way

Thanks Sparkles. I’m thinking this is my best option as it’s only 25 minutes from the house. Y’all don’t hunt there anymore?

Comment

I never hunted there
        Just used to fish up there a lot and launch at the dam or eisenhower
        Saw deer all the time around there

Comment

All packed up and ready to go see what’s what. Hopefully there’s not ten stands set up where I’m going to look at.

Comment

One response. I figured as much lol. That’s how good spots stay good spots.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I saw 4 trucks below spillway one morning at daylight a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Dad talked to the game warden up there (federal?) and he could not even tell dad for sure how to tell if you were even on the government land that is legal to hunt (apparently some of it is not)

Does not really matter for dad now because his season is done, bypass surgery kind of ends hunting for a while

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Dad talked to the game warden up there (federal?) and he could not even tell dad for sure how to tell if you were even on the government land that is legal to hunt (apparently some of it is not)

Does not really matter for dad now because his season is done, bypass surgery kind of ends hunting for a while

There’s a map available online.

Comment

Working...
                  X