Hold dead on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold dead on?

When you practice, can you hold your pin dead on the target dot, no movement, or do you sort of waver around a little, getting your pin on that target dot and then touch off?

I may be wrong, but I "float" the pin in a controlled fashion and release as I get it to the dot

Comment

I try to hold it on the target.

Comment

Don't worry about holding it dead on. Float your pin.

This is the main cause of target panic, shot anticipation. Just draw, anchor consistently, execute shot, then repeat

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
          When you practice, can you hold your pin dead on the target dot, no movement, or do you sort of waver around a little, getting your pin on that target dot and then touch off?
          I sort of waver around a little when I'm practicing as you stated above. I waver around a lot on a live target!

Comment

I used to (try) hold dead on but noticing it was negatively interfering with my overall thought process of the shot. I now 'float the pin' in a controlled fashion with better results.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
              I may be wrong, but I "float" the pin in a controlled fashion and release as I get it to the dot
              X2

Comment

No, the pin floats in either figure 8s or circles and I just try to focus on the spot I want to hit. Your brain will center the pin at whatever your visual focus is on. I concentrate on aiming and let the subconscious execute the shot.

Comment

I seem to "float" on bag targets when practicing but not on live targets. No clue as to why.

Comment

I float in circles, seems a lot easier than holding steady.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      I used to (try) hold dead on but noticing it was negatively interfering with my overall thought process of the shot. I now 'float the pin' in a controlled fashion with better results.
                      Yup. Me too

Comment

I attempt to use my breathing to raise and lower my hold. Breathe in raise up breathe out drop down to target.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                          With the waver--only way I hold dead on is shooting a rifle off of my bench rest.

Comment

Start low and move up. Then touch off when the pin is where I want it.

Comment

To the OP, the pin should float.......... unless your name is Levi Morgan....... You can increase or decrease your sight radius to increase or decrease pin float. You can also micro-tune draw length to a impact floating as well. play with these two.

Comment

Working...
                              X