Carbon Defiant vs Halon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Defiant vs Halon

Has anyone shot or own both? Which has a smoother draw? Any other perks?

interested also all I know that the halon has a 85& let off and the hoyt is around 75%.
    There's a lot of folks on here that really like the Halon You may want to do a search on both bows

Comment

Go shoot them both for yourself at the exact same weight and draw length. Gonna be close. IMO the draw cycles are different and you'll need to decide for yourself which you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Go shoot them both for yourself at the exact same weight and draw length. Gonna be close. IMO the draw cycles are different and you'll need to decide for yourself which you prefer.
        I need to find someone that keeps the Elite Synergy in stock as well. My shoulder is feeling a lot better. I'm going to drop to a 60lbs bow for next season, and I'm getting really anxious about what to get.

Comment

I shot both awhile back the halon is really heavy I thought the defiat was the better deal very smooth.

Comment

I would say shoot both. I shot the defiant (not carbon) and halon about a week ago and liked the draw cycle of the Halon better. Both were great bows but the Halon felt better in my hands and did not feel vibration after the shot. The Halon is heavier imo. Hope this help.

Comment

Held a Halon 32 in my hand yesterday. Wow, 5 lbs bare bow is a lot of weight to start out with before you add anything at all to the bow. Camo looks amazing though, best job yet and the grip feels excellent. Too heavy for me regardless of draw cycle. No one is gonna be able to tell you which draw cycle you're gonna like better. If you've got a bad shoulder, I'd suggest the lightest bow with the smoothest draw cycle, which is probably gonna be a bow with an idler wheel on the top limb (single cam bow). Look at a used Elite Hunter which is probably the smoothest bow I've ever shot or an Energy 32 or the Bowtech Prodigy in the "smooth" setting.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

I would save the money and pick you up a used helium, very light and draws smoother than either of the bows you mentioned. For the record I shot both multiple times last week, so if you are going to pick one, I thought the Halon had a little smoother draw. I also switched from a Hoyt to the Helium and wasn't a Mathews fan before I bought it. Like most guys say, shoot them all and let the bow pick you.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                  I would save the money and pick you up a used helium, very light and draws smoother than either of the bows you mentioned. For the record I shot both multiple times last week, so if you are going to pick one, I thought the Halon had a little smoother draw. I also switched from a Hoyt to the Helium and wasn't a Mathews fan before I bought it. Like most guys say, shoot them all and let the bow pick you.

I switched from a heli-m to a halon and the halon is much smoother imho. Also the backwall on the heli-m sucks compared to the halon. Although this just shows you that you really can't take people's opinions when choosing a bow, bc everyone is different.

Go shoot both to make your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Your right about everyone being different . I went with the hoyt defiant 30 over the carbon and the halon. It felt better to me , everyone is different just go shoot both of them . Good luck bud

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                      Held a Halon 32 in my hand yesterday. Wow, 5 lbs bare bow is a lot of weight to start out with before you add anything at all to the bow.

Look at a used Elite Hunter which is probably the smoothest bow I've ever shot or an Energy 32
                      Here's the perfect example of why to go shoot them for yourself. Bad information.

Halon 6 weighs 4.73 lbs. bare
                      Elite Energy weighs 4.3 lbs bare.

If .43 lbs. makes a difference to ya Daniel, perhaps a new hobby is in order. Maybe bubble blowing or knitting. Careful though, that yarn is heavy.

Comment

Shootem all! I did and got the Halon 6. All shoot a bit different.
                        Last edited by Fishdog187; 11-23-2016, 07:43 AM. Reason: Mispell

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Here's the perfect example of why to go shoot them for yourself. Bad information.

Halon 6 weighs 4.73 lbs. bare

Elite Energy weighs 4.3 lbs bare.

If .43 lbs. makes a difference to ya Daniel, perhaps a new hobby is in order. Maybe bubble blowing or knitting. Careful though, that yarn is heavy.

lol I was told by the man behind the counter that it was 5 lbs, he was off by 4 oz, huge snafu on his part. When you're pushing 5lbs bare bow, that's pretty darn heavy IMHO, most people will agree with me. 4 lbs ~ is kind of the average weight. I guess i should say, it's above average.

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lol I was told by the man behind the counter that it was 5 lbs, he was off by 4 oz, huge snafu on his part. When you're pushing 5lbs bare bow, that's pretty darn heavy IMHO, most people will agree with me. 4 lbs ~ is kind of the average weight. I guess i should say, it's above average.

[emoji12]

Like I said, I have a halon 6 and it's the heaviest bow I've ever owned. By far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji12]

If snafu man works at the same shop I do, send me a pm and let me know who it is.

Yes they're above average(which I personally like but you know I'd say that) but hearing "5 lbs " would make most knowledgeable folks cringe.

Comment

Working...
                              X