question about mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about mowers

i am about to buy my first zero turn mower,, and i am planning on buying from a mower shop, the 3 that are the closest to me are snaper, gravely, and hustler.. and my pockets are not deep,, so enlighten me about the good the bad and the ugly of the three brands,,,, personal experience is preferred!

Own a gravely ztxl 42" and been great.

When buying a zero turn check list:
    1) welded deck
    2) serviceable hydros
    3) Kawasaki motor

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Own a gravely ztxl 42" and been great.

When buying a zero turn check list:
      1) welded deck
      2) serviceable hydros
      3) Kawasaki motor

Hope this helps!
      Agreed!
      I have a Hustler 54, 3 years old and love it

Comment

Bad boy! Best bang for your buck. I have two of them. Both 48” with Kawasaki motors, one has over 600 and i bought the other used with 100 hours in June and it now has just shy of 200. I run them commercially for now until I can pay for a pair of scags and they definitely have given me their money’s worth. Don’t buy the ones from tractor supply though, go to an actual dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Isn’t there a specific kawasaki motor (model) that’s preferable as well? Or is it just any one willl do?

Comment

I bought an Ariens 54" with a Kawasaki from Home Depot about 8 years ago, and it is just a Graveley with an orange paint job. It has been a great mower. The starter did go out a couple of years ago, but other than that, it still runs great.

Comment

I have a 50" cub cadet with a 23hp Kawasaki motor. The motor is a beast!

Comment

Hustler raptor sd. Are you close to temple?

Comment

Scag

Comment

I have a Gravely 60" with Kawasaki engine and it is a great mower. Also have purchased 3-60" for our church over the years that are all still running great.
                    Check your local dealer for deals, I got mine for 0% interest.

Comment

I ran Scags for years with absolutely no issues. I've also owned a Bad Boy Outlaw XP for 3 years now that has been great. Bad Boy gives you the best bang for your buck imo, but any "commercial" quality mower will last a homeowner a long time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone own a Ferris? The thing that I like about them is the 4 wheel suspension. Does it work well, or just a gimmick? How would it work for mowing an acre of pasture land?

Comment

I bought a Hustler Raptor last summer and love it. Live in the country, mow about 2.5 acres when it is time to mow the yard. Dont have a "pretty" yard and this mower cuts it like a champ.

Comment

Cub

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I have a 50" cub cadet with a 23hp Kawasaki motor. The motor is a beast!
                            I have this also it's about 5 years old now and has been a very good mower.

Comment

I have a Gravely I bought new in 2003, it's still going strong. All I have replaced is mower deck belt , battery , and blades. It has a 42 in . welded deck.

Comment

Working...
                              X