Thermal scope for hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal scope for hog hunting

Seen a couple of threads on here for thermals, planning to buy one soon for hog hunting and am looking for some info from folks that have used them.

My brother had a pulsar xp50 and it is awesome. Can do video, several different reticles, etc. can see animals and determine if it's a hog, deer, coyote from pretty much as far as you can see.
    Hoping to buy one for me in the near future!!

Comment

Originally posted by skshave1 View Post
      Seen a couple of threads on here for thermals, planning to buy one soon for hog hunting and am looking for some info from folks that have used them.
      how deep are your pockets ? Budget will help us give you various options for purchase.

Comment

I just started another thread before this one for the same input, I'm thinking about the pulsar xp38, anyone have experience with that one.

Comment

Find Outdoor Legacy and have him set you up. I tried to “self educate” for a while and only took one or two PM’s of him answering my questions for me to make a decision. He was slightly higher than other places (talking $10-$20 or so), but will the help he provided, I had no issues giving him my order.

Comment

i recently bought the pulsar xp38 and it's life changing. We went out the other night and walked a few hundred acres with lots of trees and saw lots of hogs that we would've never seen if we were driving and spot lighting. They say to add a suppressor and they won't know where to run and you can harvest many more at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Find Outdoor Legacy and have him set you up. I tried to “self educate” for a while and only took one or two PM’s of him answering my questions for me to make a decision. He was slightly higher than other places (talking $10-$20 or so), but will the help he provided, I had no issues giving him my order.
              This, he's been a huge help

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Comment

Another vote for Jason @ Outdoor legacy. The pulsar line is real good for the money and their warranty is excellent. For high end stuff look at IR defense/Trijicon.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help !

Comment

X100 for Jason. Great guy.

Comment

I recently bought a Pulsar Trail XQ38 and a Helion monocular. Thermal is ridiculous. I've taken it out hunting once and was seeing stuff all night. Here is a video from my first hunt. Note that the actual picture you see in the scope is much better than the youtube quality.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDhRa2cLFTY&t=197s"]Pulsar Trail & Helion Night Hunting - 4 Pigs, 2 Coyotes, 2 Coons in One Night - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have a IR Hunter mark III 60 mm and I can't imagine a better scope for night hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I have a IR Hunter mark III 60 mm and I can't imagine a better scope for night hunting.
                          Because you’ve got the best their is! It’s phenomenal

Comment

Working...
                          X