My 1st trad bow. Bob Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st trad bow. Bob Lee

I recently purchased my 1st trad bow. https://bobleebows.com/shop/stock-bo...recurve-11616/. Let me tell you something you already knew. The customer service at Bob Lee's bows is amazing. They felt I overpaid for shipping so added an extra string with my order! Great bow and great people! There is a brown bear next spring waiting me and my new bow.

Question. The set of finger tab I brought I really do not like. I want glove type finger tab. Any recommendations? Also I want a good back quiver for range time. Thanks

Looks good too meClick image for larger version

Name:	20180823_232027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24550944

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

You bought one of the very best bows on the market Tim. I cannot comment on a tab as I have always shot a glove.

Comment

With glove do you use?

Comment

Nice!! I picked up my first Bob Lee off the classifieds here this week! Love it so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the Bob Lee brotherhood! You asked about gloves - I really like the DuraGlove from 3 rivers. Cordura on the finger stalls - slick and no break-in

Comment

I'm using the Bearpaw buffalo leather. Not the one that looks the same that is called the summer glove. The summer glove is too thin in the finger stalls for my tender fingers.

Comment

Very handsome bow.

For a while...I was shooting with elk skin work gloves. I applied rattle can clear polyurethane to the finger tips... which is what Selway Archery uses to seal their leather quiver hoods. The elk skin is very durable and pleasureablely soft. I wondered how odd duck it was until I saw actual kangaroo shooting gloves being sold at Archery Country in Austin...hecho en Pakistan...with the exact same stitching.

I currently just use a Martin cow leather shooting glove...with one finger cut off...because Im shooting Flemish Loose. Works great!...now that Im not wearing it backwards.

Good luck with the bear hunt!
                Byron

Comment

look at the Bateman tabs and gloves. Great products great people
                  Mark

Comment

What tab did you buy?

Comment

If you are new to Trad bow shooting, you really should seek out some experienced folks in your area to help learn from. Sure makes the learning curve less bumpy!!!

Good luck, and good lookin’ stick too!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        If you are new to Trad bow shooting, you really should seek out some experienced folks in your area to help learn from. Sure makes the learning curve less bumpy!!!

Good luck, and good lookin’ stick too!

Bisch

I have. It is hunting season right now here more help will come in the winter. So I read you are over bowed if you cannot hold at full draw for 10 seconds I can do that no problem but I am start shacking is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                          I have. It is hunting season right now here more help will come in the winter. So I read you are over bowed if you cannot hold at full draw for 10 seconds I can do that no problem but I am start shacking is that normal?

Ive been doing this for over 20yrs, and if I try to hold for much over 10sec, I'll start shaking pretty good. The whole key to making this all work well is to be consistent. To be consistent, you need to develop good form. Trad bows have no sights and no let off, so it takes longer to "get it". Just find a good, reliable mentor and take it slow and easy. I have seen many folks who come over from compound get frustrated and quit because it does not happen fast enough.

Bisch

Comment

The release on the left is 1st one I brought tge one on the right was brought today both are vistas. Bisch thanks. I understand this will take some time. I want to ne able to kill a bear at 20 by May. That sounds do able

Comment

My 1st trad bow. Bob Lee

Those are both gloves, and are fine.

This is a tab:

And is worn like this:

Both glove and tab work (although I believe a tab gives a much cleaner release). It is mostly personal preference. You should try both, and see what you like best. That is true for most of trad. Try the different ways of doing things, and find out what works best for you.

May is very doable!!! Although, I wouldn’t set a number for distance. I would say 95% of the critters I shoot are 15yds or less. A brown bear is a huge animal, so a 20yd shot is a very likely scenario. Just know what your max effective range is at the time of the hunt (it will change, both more and less, at different times), and stick to it. If you do that, you will have less disappointments.

Good luck with it. Brown bear would be an awesome critter to be able to hunt!!!!! There are very few things more rewarding in the hunting world than standing next to a critter you just took with a trad bow with no sights or let off! I believe it is so rewarding because of all the work it takes to get to a point where you can be successful!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 08-25-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X