Walk in Cooler Deer Hanging Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Stolle did yall go with the coolbot unit on the walk in? If you did how is that working out for you and how cold can you get it? Thanks

We did. It's working good. We used it every weekend we were there this summer. It keeps it between 42-45. Just depends on how often you go in and out. Plenty cold to hang deer meat.

Comment

They make rollers with eyes that fit into unistrut. Run a piece of unistrut down the middle and put a few of the rollers with hooks. Hang deer roll it back out of the way to get ready for the next

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        We did. It's working good. We used it every weekend we were there this summer. It keeps it between 42-45. Just depends on how often you go in and out. Plenty cold to hang deer meat.
        Thanks for the info man. We have trying to figure out which route to go on a walk in and have been considering the coolbot.

Comment

It would be easy to build a plate to mount to the wall, and a bracket to weld to the winch plate would slide onto for use, then remove to get it out of the way. Then use your existing eye bolts for the pulley hook, and mount a piece of pipe under it like Bruce said.

Comment

Leaning toward mounting one of these on the wall. I thought about using the pipe across, but that does not solve my problem of getting them up there without out help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410922358.513087.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24330214

Comment

Originally posted by Evenin'only View Post
              They make rollers with eyes that fit into unistrut. Run a piece of unistrut down the middle and put a few of the rollers with hooks. Hang deer roll it back out of the way to get ready for the next

Good idea too! I looked at the barn door track and rollers and they are proud of them. Do they make the strut cheaper somewhere else or for different applications? I looked at these at McCoys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                It would be easy to build a plate to mount to the wall, and a bracket to weld to the winch plate would slide onto for use, then remove to get it out of the way. Then use your existing eye bolts for the pulley hook, and mount a piece of pipe under it like Bruce said.
                Fact

Comment

Walk in Cooler Deer Hanging Ideas

I could mount the winch with crank facing out which would solve my clearance issue. I figured y'all could help

Might be a good job for the new Miller 252 tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Stolle; 09-16-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

My vote is still for ratchet ropes, that winch will just be in the way and too much of a hassle in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipshot View Post
                      My vote is still for ratchet ropes, that winch will just be in the way and too much of a hassle in my opinion.

You can use that method. It's going to be removable like Dmo suggested. I'll use the winch

Comment

Now where ever will you find some stainless for some hooks?

Miller 252...you sorry dog you're just runnin up the score now!

And you could mount that winch on a side wall out of your way...might just take a little fairlead.

Comment

Now where ever will you find some stainless for some hooks?

Miller 252...you sorry dog you're just runnin up the score now!

And you could mount that winch on a side wall out of your way...might just take a little fairlead.

I split it with Marburger since his last one got stolen and I use it a lot. So it's only half mine

Yep I ordered 2 pulleys. One that will mount above the winch and then one that will be moved from hook to hook as needed.

Comment

In fact with the pipe nearer the back wall, you could mount the winch 1/2 way, or a little forward and mount it permanently and not even need a fairlead if I'm readin this right.

Comment

Nice! All the way around.

Comment

In fact with the pipe nearer the back wall, you could mount the winch 1/2 way, or a little forward and mount it permanently and not even need a fairlead if I'm readin this right.

Not sold on the pipe idea! They are always a pain in the azz to get the hooks on it. I'm going to make small low profile gambrels to hang them from the eye bolts. Weld chain or a couple loops on the gambrel to make the transition from winch to hook easier. I'll take pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X