Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I say???

Its got to be in the limbs and grip.

Last summer I underwent an attempt to hunt with my recurve. Well, I fought and fought with that bow trying to be consistant. I was actually comfortable enough with it come October to hunt with it. I'm speaking of my O'Brien Classic recurve. Only recurve I can shoot halfway decent.

Well, this winter I found one of O'Brien's Wolverine longbows on eBay. I bought it and hung it on my rack till the season was past to give it a run.

Dude, I LOVE this bow. Its 64# at my draw length and I'd have to say it draws the perfect weight for me. I've been practicing out to 40 yards with it and I'll tell you now, anything under 20 is D.E.A.D, dead!!! This dude just drills a 65/70 cedar with 160 ACE up front down the pipe.

So, I'm stuck once again on longbows. The best part, this one also is built by my friend from Abilene, Pat O'Brien.

What can I say? Longbows rule.

Cool, glad you found "the one"! I am still toying with it. I thought I was a recurve guy. Then I bought a Sarrels longbow. Decided I was a longbow guy. Messed around and sold it then bought another. I need to work up to it but I still like it. USUALLY, the first shot is dead on...all you need anyway, right??? Now that I am a "longbow" guy, I decide on another one. This one is an Ancient Spirits Sequoia...wanted to try a 3 pc BAD. Got this one as a gift and really liked it. BUT, it has a different style handle and a very narrow shelf. I like low weight and maneuvarability but it is finicky about release and arrow alignment...tends to cut my hand. By the way, I just realized that I have 100+ RH 5" shields and the best way to get it to NOT cut my hand is to shoot LW feathers...my luck for sure! Anyway, now I am back to shooting my recurve more and my Sarrels longbow. I have a real hard time selling a gift but if I could bring myself to do it, I would sell the Sequoia and buy a new Sarrels in a little lighter draw weight. Oh well, that is my story. By the way Tracey, I am getting ready to give cedars a whirl. I talked with Mike at the Nocking Point the other day and I think I will order some pre-made cedars from him then try my hand at making my own down the road. I can't wait to give em a try.

Comment

I liked the service I got from The Nocking Point. I'll be using him again in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X