Labrador breeder alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labrador breeder alert!

If you're looking for lab puppy DO NOT get one from O&K Labrador Retrievers in Troy. We picked up our puppy on Sunday and as of today she is spending a couple of days at the vet because she has hookworm, roundworm, and coccidia. When I asked the breeder about her previous shots, because the record she gave me didn't have a vet name on it just dates of shots, she told me they are between vets so she gave the puppies the shots herself, which she orders from Animal Medical Care. Mind you there were 13 puppies in this litter, 5 died within the first 3-6 weeks of being born and they don't know why.

This was Wednesday that I asked her all this and she asked that I send her the vet bills and she will reimburse us. Wake up this morning and the puppy can barely walk, barely hold her head up, and hasn't eaten in two days. We take her back to the vet and they are having to monitor her for the next couple of days. Now Olivia, the breeder, is saying that she will not pay the bills because she didn't have worms when she was with them. Our vet told us that the severity of this isn't something that just happened from Sunday until now, this has been with her for a while. Now she is backtracking and saying that she can't remember the name of the vet she took the puppies too. Our vet told us that Gillie, our pup, weighs 2.7 lbs and that she had an 8 week old chihuahua in last week that weighed more than our lab.

The vet gave us 50/50 that she will make it through all this. Will keep this updated as we go.
    Last edited by Apullin17; 09-20-2018, 12:01 PM.

That’s horrible. Hope the pup makes a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like parvo

Comment

DANG IT !!!! That is so sad... Hoping the little pup has some fight in her and can tough it out...

Comment

Wow. That's sad. I hope the pup makes it.

Comment

Report them to the state.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
              Agree with this

Comment

Man hope the pup makes a full recovery

Comment

Wheres this place located i live in troy and will make sure nobody i knows goes there

Comment

That is just horrible... I hope your pup pulls through and that this breeder is stopped...

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                      Why? Is there some sort of licensing to breed dogs?

A red flag for me is when breeders say they do not have a vet OR they give the puppy vaccinations themselves. Vaccinations have to have proper care or they will not be effective. Some people do a good job with them but since I don't know the breeder I'd rather put my faith in the vet.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                        Sounds like parvo
                        That's what I was thinking also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Why? Is there some sort of licensing to breed dogs?

A red flag for me is when breeders say they do not have a vet OR they give the puppy vaccinations themselves. Vaccinations have to have proper care or they will not be effective. Some people do a good job with them but since I don't know the breeder I'd rather put my faith in the vet.
                          It would have been a red flag for us as well if the contract we signed didn't have the vets name and phone number. I only found out about them giving the shots themselves when I questioned why the vet on the contract had no record of giving the shots when our vet called their office.

Comment

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
                            It would have been a red flag for us as well if the contract we signed didn't have the vets name and phone number. I only found out about them giving the shots themselves when I questioned why the vet on the contract had no record of giving the shots when our vet called their office.
                            Sounds like a breach of contract then.

Comment

Good luck to your pup.

Comment

Working...
                              X