landscape ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

landscape ideas

Looking for suggestions on landscaping behind our rock waterfall. It is sloped and irrigation has been installed in the area. My plan is to build a moss rock wall on the backside and lay a weed barrier with some mulch. Just not sure what plants to go with
    Attached Files

Couple of smaller palm trees or elephant ear with a brick landscape block wall.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
      Couple of smaller palm trees or elephant ear with a brick landscape block wall.
      I might do a palm or 2 but really would like some color as well. Something hardy because we are not very good at keeping them alive. LOL

Comment

banana trees

Comment

Magnolias anchoring the ends(little gem), yaupon holly tree for center, add some
          Knock out roses, Loropetalum, and some abelias or Indian Hawthorne’s.
          That’ll give you a good evergreen colorful base. Add perennials (salvias, daylily, etc)
          And seasonal color and you’ll be in paradise.
          Add some good premium soil too and add tree bubblers to magnolias/yaupon tree.

Comment

palm trees and bird of paradise plants

Comment

Hire a landscape architect on an advisory basis. That's what I did and it was WELL worth the investment.

Comment

We have Banana Trees, Mexican Palms, Elephant Ears, and Purple Fountain Grass all behind our pool grotto and rock wall. Looks great but know that you have to take care of the Palms in the fall to ensure they survive the winter and cut down and cover banana trees in the fall too.

Comment

This pic is spring time but the banana trees get twice as tall and my palms are taller then the fence now too.

Comment

Pride of barbados always look cool around the pool and need very little water. Mix those with a good colorful foundation plant like knockouts and a few ornamental grasses and call it a day.

Comment

Texas lilac. Gets big, can be pruned and shaped, attracts butterflies and hummingbirds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post

This pic is spring time but the banana trees get twice as tall and my palms are taller then the fence now too.

Beautiful pool

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. This should be a great start

Comment

I went with some fountain grass, bottle brush, birds of paradise, and some elephant ears. I think it turned out great. Now hopefully everything takes

Comment

Working...
                            X