No announcement yet.

What I Shot vs. What I Got (taxidermy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the horns look darker & almost polished vs the original?? I dig the crusty look of the ldp horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Why do the horns look darker & almost polished vs the original?? I dig the crusty look of the ldp horns.
      The dark color usually the result of boiling the crap out of them to get them to slip off the skull cap. There are much better ways to get them off than boiling.

Comment

Im glad the taxi is gonna rework it for ya and I hope it comes out more like the picture. If that is the case, you might share who the taxi is after they correct it for ya. Everyone makes mistakes and it is nice to hear that they are gonna make it right for ya. I appreciate doing business with such people.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          OK, now I know you might be a little mad about the dikfer, but don't be posting stuff like that ... I did not mount that, and that's not even funny. The ugly lion that you posted for Jeremy, was kinda funny.

I WAS actually going to start on your deer this weekend.

WAS!
          I will stand tall for you little buddy and say the deer you have done for me have been awesome.

Comment

He had to adjust the horns to make room for the transmitter's antenae, the mic is in his nostril.

Don't tell Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
              I will stand tall for you little buddy and say the deer you have done for me have been awesome.
              Thanks, Chris!

Andy's just mad right now because I left an extra gift on his aoudad's rock ... and STGS pointed it out to him.
              If he doesn't post pictures, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                I don’t understand why he stained the horns also
                Yes I agree..Way too dark

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                  I think I'd being back in the taxidermist shop with those pictures side by side asking some questions.
                  This and a 55 gal barrel of whoop azz ready to be opened.

Comment

Same cape.

Same horns.

Just needs adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Horns are the same....but skull and cape are not. Horns have to be removed and tissue cleaned off, he gave you a skull and cape from another animal. The skull of this one is not as wide as yours.

Comment

He looks he might have rode the short bus

Comment

Not the same cape

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            It's the same animal.

[ATTACH]922473[/ATTACH]

Good news is, the taxidermist quickly agreed to make it right. Sounds like a good dude on the phone. I'd rather not share the taxi info.
                            The brown spot on the bridge of the face looks completely different. I hope he can make it right.

Comment

Working...
                            X