MedKits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MedKits

So im looking for a good medkit. I am going to give this to a buddy to keep in his airplane.

I would like a decent kit but i dont see a need for it to be too advanced as he wont have the training to use the more advanced gear and trama items.

Im looking at prob $100-150ish budget here so let me know your thoughts.

If its way cheaper and someone knows how to build a good kit out let me know, i have no problems paying someone for a custom built kit should i be able to get much more bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance!

I like to built my own kits but I base them off my skill and have a couple different ones I will throw in the car based on where I’m going

I like what these guys have as far as some prebuilt kits
    Shop North American Rescue's outdoor adventure medical equipment and trauma aid kits, designed to address medical aid from minor cuts to major trauma.

Has he had any medical/first aid training? Those classes are well worth the money especially if you aren’t trained. There are a lot of groups that put them on. Even the wilderness first aid at REI is good

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      I like to built my own kits but I base them off my skill and have a couple different ones I will throw in the car based on where I’m going

I like what these guys have as far as some prebuilt kits
      Shop North American Rescue's outdoor adventure medical equipment and trauma aid kits, designed to address medical aid from minor cuts to major trauma.

Has he had any medical/first aid training? Those classes are well worth the money especially if you aren’t trained. There are a lot of groups that put them on. Even the wilderness first aid at REI is good
      Thanks for the info i will check them out. No he hasnt had any training at all but i can certainly mention it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
        Thanks for the info i will check them out. No he hasnt had any training at all but i can certainly mention it to him.
        Even just a basic trauma/first aid course would be really good for him. God forbid he’s ever in a situation he needs his kit, that isn’t the time to read instructions or guess how to use something properly

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Even just a basic trauma/first aid course would be really good for him. God forbid he’s ever in a situation he needs his kit, that isn’t the time to read instructions or guess how to use something properly
          I agree 100% and im due for a refresher as well.

Comment

I like to build my own as well. I keep several different types in vehicles/home etc depending on situation and location. Basic stuff I'd recommend along normal boo boo kit items would be tourniquet or two, compressed gauze, pressure dressing, maybe npa, 100mph tape, sharpie, emt shears, some different sizes of bandages. Triangle bandage or sling. The possibilities are endless. But pretty much everything is useless without the knowledge of how to use it as mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
              I like to build my own as well. I keep several different types in vehicles/home etc depending on situation and location. Basic stuff I'd recommend along normal boo boo kit items would be tourniquet or two, compressed gauze, pressure dressing, maybe npa, 100mph tape, sharpie, emt shears, some different sizes of bandages. Triangle bandage or sling. The possibilities are endless. But pretty much everything is useless without the knowledge of how to use it as mentioned before.
              Thanks for the input my man

Comment

Dark Angel makes some. I haven't ordered one, but I have been meaning to. I have some stuff in the truck.

Comment

I build my own stuff as well. I like to oversupply the stuff I will actually use, while still preparing for the bad stuff. Leave some stuff out (like scissors) and add stuff they never have and I always need (Needles, Super Glue, Tweezers).

On my must have list that I usually have to add.

Needles
                  Super Glue ( great field sutre if needed)
                  Tweezers
                  Steri Strips
                  Triple Antibiotic Ointment
                  Blister Pads
                  Banages of several sizes and shapes (finger etc)
                  Immodium
                  Advil
                  Excedrine
                  Benadryl
                  Asthma Inhaler
                  Space Blanket
                  Life Savers (I am diabetic and could save me)

Comment

There is a difference between an ouch pouch (more like first aid stuff) and a trauma kit. The list outbreaker posted is what I would consider for a first aid kit.

Op, decide which you wanna get.

Comment

Outbreaker made a good list and my kit is similar. I also would add a cold pack, ace bandage , gauze, tape, and some large sterile pads. As mentioned, take some medical training including CPR. I've used the super glue on numerous cuts and it works well. If it's a deep cut, don't seal the wound completely, it needs a place to drain.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        There is a difference between an ouch pouch (more like first aid stuff) and a trauma kit. The list outbreaker posted is what I would consider for a first aid kit.

Op, decide which you wanna get.
                        This is a good point and why i have differents kits. One thing that I have in all of them is a CAT, a pocket mask, quickclot, etc

If this is for a plane I’m going to guess he’ll need more than the standard one for small cuts and splinters.

Comment

Op needs to get his buddy a parachute.

Comment

HA! was coming here to post the same thing!

Comment

Funny you say that. It happens to be a Cirrus SR22 which is the only plane to come factory with CAPS aka a parachute.

Comment

Working...
                              X