No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a framing nailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you get, make sure you can buy compatible nails at your local Home Depot or Lowes.
    Nothing more frustrating than having to order some oddball nails every time you run out.

The 21 degree clipped head is readily available. I have a Craftsman that I bought back around 2000, and it's served me well.

Comment

I'm a Paslode guy, use it everyday in my part time job, but the ones they're selling now aren't like the old one... More plastic, stiffer springs in the nose, no bump trigger...

Comment

I'll second the Harbor Freight recommendation if you are using it to make a living. I have the 3 in one and have remodeled two houses, built a shop, a barn addition and loaned it out many times over the last 7 years and it still works like a champ. I am all for buying the best but in my opinion unless you are making a living with it the higher end guns just aren't worth the extra money.

Comment

cheapest one on amazon and the 3 year warranty for $75

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
            I am partial to what I used when I used to frame a couple decades ago...sheesh...

still have both of them actually, Duo-fast, cn325 and cn350.
            Wow! This brings back memories.

Comment

A friend of mine who is also on our lease was given a DeWalt battery operated framing gun. He is a construction foreman and his lumber supplier gave it to him as a thank you for his business. Anyway we have found this gun to be very handy at the lease since we are away from power and can't run a compressor.

You would need a lot of batteries to frame a large project but it gets the job done when we need to repair a blind or build a new one.

Comment

I've had a Harbor Freight 28 degree clipped head nailer for 18 years that is still going along with a 6 gallon pancake compressor. I paid 120 bucks for both of them so I've definitely got my money's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  I would like to know that myself, Quackerbox. Thanks guys for all the input.
                  Was reading about the harbor freight 3 n 1. Seems its the nail thats full or clipped head

Comment

These is a great pawn shop items. I bought a Paslode and have a Hitachi I got from my dad. Both are really good guns. Angle simply helps you get into tighter spots with the gun.

Comment

I have a bostich that needs a ring job that I'll sell cheap. I also have some nails

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                        A couple of years ago my wife bought me one of the Porter Cable "kits" that had the pneumatic stapler, brad nailer, and finish nailer. I thought I would go ahead and get a framing nail gun since I will be building a porch onto the house this spring, and to have for other projects. But I know nothing about them and don't understand why there are different degree models. I need advice on what to buy so I am turning to the brotherhood on the green screen for advice and knowledge. Any advice?
                        I've got the same kit at home. I bought a porter cable framing nailer. I will check to see which one it is this evening. I only needed it for a few things here and there on occasion, so I hated to spend a bunch of money on one. Didn't trust the harbor freight stuff so I steered away from that. Like someone said, make sure whichever you buy, you can get nails for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                          Hitachi 21 degree all day every day.
                          This is the answer!

Comment

Dewalt cordless framing nailer. I’m a contractor and use them exclusively. No compressor, no noise, no hoses. Cannot be best

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Kicking around the idea myself.

Difference between the full head and clipped? Is that the nail or the gun

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Same here, I have some remodeling coming up.

Comment

I am not happy with my porter cable. I have had to rebuild it twice and I am a casual user at best. Just switched to Hitachi. We shall see. I don't like the Hitachi because you have to pull the trigger for every nail. I like Holding the trigger and hitting the mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X