No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJS is a guilty pleasure for sure, even before I was dieting. Me and a few coworkers would hit it up from time to time. They sure make that hake fish taste good. But you know you've been there afterwards for sure.

Comment

I have been having a hankering for LJS for a while. used to have it all the time as a kid!

Comment

Completely understand, annual thing for me.

Comment

I used to hit the one near my house about twice a year as well , I thought I was the only one to suffer from the LJS craving, it was a LJS/KFC combo , the food was always cold and the order messed up. Luckily it closed and is now a matress store. I thought the only good fast food fish place was Capt.D's, but I have'nt seen one in years, we used to visit the one at Little York@45.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
            Every 4 to 5 months I get these uncontrollable cravings for Long John Silvers fish planks covered in malt vinegar. I'm not talking one or two planks, Ill usually eat 5 or 6. Then even before leaving the establishment ill start to feel it......the belly ache, the starchy film in my mouth, and risky ride home before a bout of almost certain diarrhea. The easy fix is to not eat there again ever. Right?

But every 4 or 5 months will pass and I find myself doing it all over again. Is this just me? Does anyone else understand this paradox?
            Maybe only eat 2-3 pieces and you can avoid prairie dogging it on the way home.

Comment

...In the same boat as the OP. Long Johns in Humble off 1960 charges for the "crumbs" !!! what the hell? I still pay it though. I binge about three times a year.

Comment

Happens to me with the salad bar at Brady's Landing in Houston every month at the safety counsel meeting. I love their salads but it does a colon cleansing on me every time.

Comment

49 years old, and I've never eaten at LJS.

I've smelled it, but never eaten there...coincidence?

Comment

Man, some of ya'll have sensitive stomachs.

I'll do LJS lunch just about whenever.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I picked up 6 hushpuppies - 86 cents, lol. Now I feel all good and greasy.

Comment

Yall need to quit with all these food posts, got a pizza lined up for next week, waffle house hash browns, now long johns, and before that it was whataburger post. I don't even have to look to see what I want for lunch anymore just jump on TBH and my mind is made up for me.

Comment

I love LJS, but I pay for it when I do eat it.

Comment

I dang'o love that place and their crispy bits at the end, but I had to trade it in for fish'n chips from the local Irish Pub here in town.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                              Ah, the ignorance of youth! Just drive by, and keep on driving - if you want to live to be an old man!
                              I am old and I still love me some LJS's.
                              Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              You guys have just help me decide where to eat lunch! Then I might run by the Waffle House for some hash browns....Can't eat at Long John Silvers because it gives me the squirts...can't eat at Waffle House cause it gives me the squirts...What do some of you guys live on - Tofu and soy patties??? Your problem is you don't get your quota of greasy food each week to build up an immunity.
                              You tell em Russ!
                              Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                              Man, some of ya'll have sensitive stomachs.

I'll do LJS lunch just about whenever.
                              Must be a bunch of yuppies.

Comment

I have the same problem but with grandys fried chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X