Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some dimensions for a deer gutting rack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Lol... I've done 3 in a row before... My dad isn't so able in his old age so I gladly handle his...

If it were on the back of the truck yes, but I never take a truck back to where I hunt. ATV, yes if I need to but if I'm by myself, it never makes it into the back of anything before I gut it... I'm just simply not strong enough to lift it anywhere...

Then get a small block and tackle for your atv. My mom had one in a Milk crate on her Polaris for years. Hoist the deer up, tie it off and back the atv under it.

Jason as far as the skinning sled goes its half foot on way 6" the other. You can make it however you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post

Jason as far as the skinning sled goes its half foot on way 6" the other. You can make it however you want.
      Hey thanks for that Russ. Ill tell my welding buddy who asked for some measurements that... Hell be happy I gave him what he asked for.

Comment

Anytime!!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just looking at it ...

I think the "V" would be a 90 degree slot, each side going up 45 degrees.
            The sides wouldn't need to be more than about 10", or they'd get in the way.
            I'd make the tall side 36" to the tallest point, and the short side about 28".
            At that height, the deer would be a tad higher than kitchen counter height, and pretty comfortable to work on, without bending over.

As for length, 48" should do it.

I'd make the base the same length, but 24" wide, for stability.

Comment

We have one of those and it never gets used. Seems like its just double work. You'll work on it laying down then end up hanging it and finishing it.

It is really nice to have when caping out for a full body mount though.

Comment

http://www.laguarddog.com/content.asp?CatId=251

I had one for sale in Classifieds, spoken for at this time. This thing is pretty neat and will do pretty much everything...can be mounted to front of rear of ATV or connect an adapter and put in receiver hitch. Nursejenn... is exactly what you need if you’re hunting alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  We have one of those and it never gets used. Seems like its just double work. You'll work on it laying down then end up hanging it and finishing it.

It is really nice to have when caping out for a full body mount though.

Randy it would be for deer to be shoulder mounted deer only as I said in the original post. Gutting a deer hanging from it's hind legs when you don't want to split the sternum is a PITA for me. I usually do the shoulder mounting deer on the ground and I'm looking to make it easier. If the sternum can be split it is business as usual from the hanging rack, so the double work would be only be on the mountable deer......all the does, culls and any deer not being mounted would not be placed on it unless somebody preferred using it.

Comment

I gotcha. It's perfect for that. Mine is about 4' long and 90 degrees. 2x6's for boards.

Comment

Ain't the best but you can see it in these two pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ivory.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24314162

Click image for larger version

Name:	skinningracks-600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	24314163

Comment

Thanks Randy...appreciate it...

Comment

The great thing this rack is for is working the hide down and then pulling it off by tying it to a anchor point. Keeps the meat off the ground as you pull.

Comment

I built one out of scrap wood before last season. Works great and saves my back. Will take some pics and measure if you would like.

Comment

Sure Jeff. It will be a week or so before it is started so I'm looking at all possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Sure Jeff. It will be a week or so before it is started so I'm looking at all possibilities.
                                Will do. Mine was pretty easy to build. Took about 30-45 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X