Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Breezy
Pope & Young
 
Breezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sinton, Texas
Hunt In: Refugio & San Patricio counties
Default State inspection/license tags all in one. 2015

was informed this past week by my regional inspector that in march 2015 a customer will come in and get their vehicle inspected and we will give them a printed receipt showing it passed. pay the fee but we will not be putting on the sticker. they will then go pay for their license tags and there they will be issued a single sticker for both. just a fyi
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young
 
cj7zrcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleburne
Hunt In: Kimble Co.
Default

OK. Now maybe they can combine my drivers license, CHL, and lifetime hunting license onto one friggin' card.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
stickman
Ten Point
 
stickman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: corpus christi
Default

That stinks. Pretty inconvenient.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
KHoes203
Ten Point
 
KHoes203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin/San Marcos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
That stinks. Pretty inconvenient.

No joke!!
KHoes203 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
2050z
Pope & Young
 
2050z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North of Dallas
Hunt In: Grayson when drawn/Coryell/Scio Ohio/Unit 11 Kansas
Default

What a huge pain!
2050z is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2050z View Post
What a huge pain!
Yep^^^^ Guess some of us will be loosing a few months on our inspections. My inspection sticker is two months later than my registration.

Last edited by doghouse; 03-29-2014 at 11:35 AM..
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
Luck_of_the_Draw
Pope & Young
 
Luck_of_the_Draw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North DFW
Hunt In: Thinking of taking up fishing.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Yep^^^^ Guess some of us will be loosing a few months on our inspections. My inspection sticker if two months later than my registration.
Mine is six months
Luck_of_the_Draw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
mchildress
Ten Point
 
mchildress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sealy,Tx
Hunt In: Polk
Default

Remember when they always had to adjust your headlights for an inspection and get an extra $2. They don't do that anymore.
mchildress is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
*DW*
Pope & Young
 
*DW*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valley Mills TX
Hunt In: where i can.
Default

Bet they raise price too.
*DW* is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #10
konahoss
Ten Point
 
konahoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Keller, TX
Hunt In: Jacksboro
Default

My registration is paid for three years. I wonder how this will work out.
konahoss is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
mchildress
Ten Point
 
mchildress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sealy,Tx
Hunt In: Polk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
Mine is six months
I always get mine the next week after it expired. Its like every 12 years I get a free one.
mchildress is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
quackaholic1
Ten Point
 
quackaholic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville,TX
Hunt In: Cass county
Default

They are going to have to prorate one of them. What if your registration goes out before your inspection?
quackaholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Gillipsie County., Kansas & La.
Default

Good questions! Hopefully they have been addressed already as the drop-dead date is here. Hopefully it is a money saving move for the state and wishfully the taxpayers of this state. Personally the two step process now seems inconvenient as compared to other places I have lived.........but not life changing either way.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
perfectstorm
Ten Point
 
perfectstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SETX
Default

Good to see them tackling the tough issues facing our state
perfectstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
BTLowry
Pope & Young
 
BTLowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5
Default

So I have been wondering,how many motorcycle cops will be reassigned?

I still do not understand the reasoning of making the change
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #16
Bowhuntamistad
Ten Point
 
Bowhuntamistad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Del Rio, Tx / Las Vegas, Nv :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *DW* View Post
Bet they raise price too.
What are ya'll paying now?
Bowhuntamistad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
thorshammer
Ten Point
 
thorshammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Crowley, Tx.
Hunt In: Jack Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
What are ya'll paying now?
Just paid $35 last week for one in FW.

Sounds like they are loosing too much revenue off drivers not getting the inspections done every 12 months. I've been guilty a time or two of not
noticing the inspection is out and got a few "free" months. My stickers have always been quite a few months apart so I don't think about it at the time of registration.
thorshammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
perfectstorm
Ten Point
 
perfectstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SETX
Default

Come on out to Sour Lake and we will get you hooked up for $14.50
perfectstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

14.50 in Goldthwaite.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #20
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectstorm View Post
Come on out to Sour Lake and we will get you hooked up for $14.50
bet yours is diesel. the higher price is gas.

works that way at my house.

well... least in Travis county anyways.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #21
huntinfool
Pope & Young
 
huntinfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy, Texas
Hunt In: SHNF, and anywhere you want to take me ;-)
Default

In the interim the police will now have a reason to pull you over. For either an outdated inspection or no sticker if removed.
I guess this is their way to cut down on those that do not pay for registration or fake an inspection.
huntinfool is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

This won't make any difference to me.
The place I use for inspections also does registration renewals.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #23
Hoggslayer
Ten Point
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alvin
Hunt In: Normangee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchildress View Post
I always get mine the next week after it expired. Its like every 12 years I get a free one.

I get a free one about every 6.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #24
Bowhuntamistad
Ten Point
 
Bowhuntamistad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Del Rio, Tx / Las Vegas, Nv :)
Default

Quit ya'lls crying...I pay over $300 yearly per vehicle. We have three.

Consider yourself lucky.
Bowhuntamistad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #25
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
Just paid $35 last week for one in FW.

Sounds like they are loosing too much revenue off drivers not getting the inspections done every 12 months. I've been guilty a time or two of not
noticing the inspection is out and got a few "free" months. My stickers have always been quite a few months apart so I don't think about it at the time of registration.

$35 I have a diesel and a 2012 van. Both were $14.50 each to have inspected and tires rotated.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #26
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young
 
cj7zrcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleburne
Hunt In: Kimble Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
Quit ya'lls crying...I pay over $300 yearly per vehicle. We have three.

Consider yourself lucky.
What are y'all driving? Prevosts? If you can afford $300 inspection/registration on three vehicles, consider YOURSELF lucky.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #27
TxDispatcher
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bellville, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
Quit ya'lls crying...I pay over $300 yearly per vehicle. We have three.

Consider yourself lucky.
Not lucky...blessed we live in Texas!
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
perfectstorm
Ten Point
 
perfectstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SETX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindad View Post
bet yours is diesel. the higher price is gas.

works that way at my house.

well... least in Travis county anyways.
I work at a dealership. Its 14.50 for whatever you got regardless of fuel.
perfectstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #29
doublearrow
Associate Sponsor
 
doublearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Midland, Texas
Default

Sounds like its time to go back to antique tags on my truck.
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #30
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default

Maybe I have the wrong information but we briefly discussed this in the new laws section of our training. I thought that there is no coinciding with the inspection and the registration. There is only the requirement that your vehicle did get inspected before you can pay for your tags. In effect, it is no different than your vehicle insurance. You might have bought a policy in June and got your registration expired in November. To pay for your new registration/tags, you have to show that your vehicle does have insurance. I think the new inspection works the same way. If your vehicle was inspected in June and it is good for a year and renewed your car registration in November, you will have proof that your vehicle is currently under inspection (having been done in June and good for a year). It is not like you have to go to an inspection station and then drive to the courthouse to get your tags.

Once a vehicle is inspected, that information is supposed to go into the state vehicle registration so that if an officer runs your tags, it will show both the registration expiration date and the inspection expiration date which may be different. There would be no need to pro-rate it. Also since the cost of the inspection is added to the registration each year, when inspected at a station you will only pay the part that is currently for the inspection station. Your out of pocket at the actual inspection will be less as the rest will be added to your tags.

On the other hand, I might have been nodding of a bit during that exciting part of the class and misunderstood what was said.

I know the question on your test was something about the registration and inspection being combined and the answer was "true".
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young
 
Atfulldraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hill Country
Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
So I have been wondering,how many motorcycle cops will be reassigned?

I still do not understand the reasoning of making the change
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #32
Bullydog
Pope & Young
 
Bullydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tom Bean
Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
So I have been wondering,how many motorcycle cops will be reassigned?

I still do not understand the reasoning of making the change

None, it's Texas. Nobody registers their trailer and everybody makes a wide right turn.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #33
konahoss
Ten Point
 
konahoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Keller, TX
Hunt In: Jacksboro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
Maybe I have the wrong information but we briefly discussed this in the new laws section of our training. I thought that there is no coinciding with the inspection and the registration. There is only the requirement that your vehicle did get inspected before you can pay for your tags. In effect, it is no different than your vehicle insurance. You might have bought a policy in June and got your registration expired in November. To pay for your new registration/tags, you have to show that your vehicle does have insurance. I think the new inspection works the same way. If your vehicle was inspected in June and it is good for a year and renewed your car registration in November, you will have proof that your vehicle is currently under inspection (having been done in June and good for a year). It is not like you have to go to an inspection station and then drive to the courthouse to get your tags.

Once a vehicle is inspected, that information is supposed to go into the state vehicle registration so that if an officer runs your tags, it will show both the registration expiration date and the inspection expiration date which may be different. There would be no need to pro-rate it. Also since the cost of the inspection is added to the registration each year, when inspected at a station you will only pay the part that is currently for the inspection station. Your out of pocket at the actual inspection will be less as the rest will be added to your tags.

On the other hand, I might have been nodding of a bit during that exciting part of the class and misunderstood what was said.

I know the question on your test was something about the registration and inspection being combined and the answer was "true".
This makes sense to me. I plan out keeping the inspection receipt with me in the truck.
konahoss is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #34
mrddye
Four Point
 
mrddye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Counties with large metros have to pass emissions testing. That's the 14.50 vs 35.00. And going to neighboring counties doesn't usually help. Have to inspect your vehicle in the county it's registered in.
mrddye is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #35
Etxbuckman
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

I got away with an outdated inspection for 18 months till I finally got pulled over last January. The cop was actually impressed LOL

This is going to make it harder to get away with. Nuts.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #36
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I got away with an outdated inspection for 18 months till I finally got pulled over last January. The cop was actually impressed LOL

This is going to make it harder to get away with. Nuts.
But not for 11 months and 29 days. Unless you have two vehicles and not register one for 6 months....

Having two vehicles you can cut costs by parking one for a while, then signing their form stating it hasn't been driven.

Last edited by Thumper; 03-30-2014 at 02:03 PM..
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #37
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
Maybe I have the wrong information but we briefly discussed this in the new laws section of our training. I thought that there is no coinciding with the inspection and the registration. There is only the requirement that your vehicle did get inspected before you can pay for your tags. In effect, it is no different than your vehicle insurance. You might have bought a policy in June and got your registration expired in November. To pay for your new registration/tags, you have to show that your vehicle does have insurance. I think the new inspection works the same way. If your vehicle was inspected in June and it is good for a year and renewed your car registration in November, you will have proof that your vehicle is currently under inspection (having been done in June and good for a year). It is not like you have to go to an inspection station and then drive to the courthouse to get your tags.

Once a vehicle is inspected, that information is supposed to go into the state vehicle registration so that if an officer runs your tags, it will show both the registration expiration date and the inspection expiration date which may be different. There would be no need to pro-rate it. Also since the cost of the inspection is added to the registration each year, when inspected at a station you will only pay the part that is currently for the inspection station. Your out of pocket at the actual inspection will be less as the rest will be added to your tags.

On the other hand, I might have been nodding of a bit during that exciting part of the class and misunderstood what was said.

I know the question on your test was something about the registration and inspection being combined and the answer was "true".
But if the data is entered into the computer at the time of inspection why would you have to show proof of inspection at time of registration renewal? The data should already be in the computer.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #38
HoosierDaddy3
Four Point
 
HoosierDaddy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lumberton, TX
Hunt In: Hardin Co.
Default

That's how Indiana (near Chicago) was when we lived up there...really wasn't a big deal. I don't think the inspections are good for anything anyway...waste of time just to get the revenue.
HoosierDaddy3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #39
Shurshot
Eight Point
 
Shurshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Frio/Zavala county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchildress View Post
I always get mine the next week after it expired. Its like every 12 years I get a free one.

That would be if you waited 1 month after it expires. Or if you waited 52 years you would get a free one.
Shurshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #40
CaptainDave
Ten Point
 
CaptainDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrddye View Post
Counties with large metros have to pass emissions testing. That's the 14.50 vs 35.00. And going to neighboring counties doesn't usually help. Have to inspect your vehicle in the county it's registered in.
Yep.

Also, the county range for emmissions testing is getting larger.

Take Houston for example. When emmissions was first passed, it was Harris County only. Now emmissions testing is required in all surrounding counties; i.e. galveston, brazoria, ft bend, etc. As far as I know, diesels are still exempt and pay $14.50. Everyone else pays $45.

I hate it too. If your check engine light is on for any type of emmission related deal, the testing computer will auto default you to fail regardless of what is actually comming out of your tail pipe.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #41
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurshot View Post
That would be if you waited 1 month after it expires. Or if you waited 52 years you would get a free one.
If you get an inspection on the day after it expires, they put on the next month on the new inspection.
Example, your inspection expires at the end of January.
You get an inspection on February 1.
Your new inspection sticker will now expire at the end of February the following year.
The next year, you get an inspection on March 1. They will put on a sticker that expires at the end of March next year.
Keep doing that over and over and you get the point. Cops will usually not ticket you up to 10 days expired, at least in my area.
Next time you're in a parking lot, notice the dates on the registration and inspection stickers. I bet you won't find many that match.

In reality though, it'll take 12 years to save only $14.50 by doing it in this method.
It feels like you are "sticking it to the man", but in reality it's a lot of effort to save a little bit of money.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #42
Shurshot
Eight Point
 
Shurshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Frio/Zavala county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denowt View Post
If you get an inspection on the day after it expires, they put on the next month on the new inspection.

Example, your inspection expires at the end of January.

You get an inspection on February 1.

Your new inspection sticker will now expire at the end of February the following year.

The next year, you get an inspection on March 1. They will put on a sticker that expires at the end of March next year.

Keep doing that over and over and you get the point. Cops will usually not ticket you up to 10 days expired, at least in my area.

Next time you're in a parking lot, notice the dates on the registration and inspection stickers. I bet you won't find many that match.



In reality though, it'll take 12 years to save only $14.50 by doing it in this method.

It feels like you are "sticking it to the man", but in reality it's a lot of effort to save a little bit of money.

I knew that didn't sound right. I'm still hungover.
Shurshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #43
Daniel75
Pope & Young
 
Daniel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Montague County, Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurshot View Post
I knew that didn't sound right. I'm still hungover.
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #44
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Jack County
Default

Texas needs to do away with the inspection all together.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #45
unclefish
Pope & Young
 
unclefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Old Katy, TX...not Cinco Ranch! ;)!
Hunt In: Elk in CO; Deer in Lyons, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Yep.

Also, the county range for emmissions testing is getting larger.

Take Houston for example. When emmissions was first passed, it was Harris County only. Now emmissions testing is required in all surrounding counties; i.e. galveston, brazoria, ft bend, etc. As far as I know, diesels are still exempt and pay $14.50. Everyone else pays $45.

I hate it too. If your check engine light is on for any type of emmission related deal, the testing computer will auto default you to fail regardless of what is actually comming out of your tail pipe.
Not in Waller County......yet.
unclefish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #46
Hogdude1234
Pope & Young
 
Hogdude1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the ranch just North of Forestburg, Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

I'm just driving down to Breeymart and having them slap on a new sticker.

Skinny
Hogdude1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #47
BBReezen
Pope & Young
 
BBReezen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tyler, TX
Hunt In: Motley, Cottle and Tyler counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrddye View Post
Counties with large metros have to pass emissions testing. That's the 14.50 vs 35.00. And going to neighboring counties doesn't usually help. Have to inspect your vehicle in the county it's registered in.
I'm not going to say the last part is incorrect but I've had vehicles inspected with no problem when their registered in counties on the other side of texas. Maybe the places never caught it but never was an issue.
BBReezen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #48
BigFoot
Ten Point
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Vernia
Hunt In: McCook, La Vernia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
was informed this past week by my regional inspector that in march 2015 a customer will come in and get their vehicle inspected and we will give them a printed receipt showing it passed. pay the fee but we will not be putting on the sticker. they will then go pay for their license tags and there they will be issued a single sticker for both. just a fyi

Yup. This has been in the works for a long time but they have been ironing out the details. Sure would make inspections a lot faster! I hate scraping those stickers off anyways, they make a mess!
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com