This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad at TTHA, see pic

I was thumbing through my Jan/Feb 2007 issue of the TTHA magazine last night when I came across this cartoon on page 195.....

The cartoon follows an article on how important hunting is to the economy of several small Texas towns. But yet there is no support for bowhunters in explaining or defending the cartoon. Anti-hunters do not need to see displays like this within hunting publications that would allow them to strengthen their fight against us. Today I will personally make sure to contact someone at TTHA to offer an explanation for such a slanderous cartoon. It's funny that they won't show the few disrespectful gun hunters out there who hunt 1-1/2 old deer with weapons large enough to kill big game in Africa from 300 yards claiming it to be trophy or they just had to kill something this year.

Thats some BS right there. Someone thinks its funny but its totally inaccurate. The first couple of animals i shot when i first started hit the ground only a few feet away from where i shot. I only lost about 2 animals before. And those two were (1 last year), (1 year befroe last).

Comment

That's just ignorant. Of course bowhunters wound game that's how they're killed, gun hunters wound game too. That's how an animal dies, from a wound. It just takes a few seconds longer with an arrow because the animal isn't blown halfway across the countryside.

Comment

I noticed the same pic. I couldn't figure out what they were they were coming from.

Comment

We need to let'em know that cartoon is NOT funny or positive!

Contact Information

Texas Trophy Hunters Association
          PO Box 791107
          San Antonio, TX 78279-1107

Local: 210-523-8500
          Toll-free: 1-800-800-3207
          Fax: 210-523-8871

Comment

I can't believe any hunting magazine would publish such negative publicity, even if it is bowhunting. If they are pro rifle hunting that.s fine, but we are all hunters none the less

Comment

That is about totally wrong! Many years back I studied on the subject of wounding with bowhunting and the best info I could find showed that bowhunters actually wounded less game than the gun hunters! Much of that had to do with the amount of care that the bowhunting crowd went to to ensure that they made good shots, etc.

I'd say that a letter writing, email campaign start immediately against TTHA!!! This is total BS!!!

BTW, want to know why I dropped my membership a couple of years ago? Yeap... their attitude! Hunters support Hunters... or else!

Comment

webmaster@ttha.com

Here's an email address we can flood.

Looks to me like the TTHA is a bunch of morons that don't know the truth about bowhunting. Well, hunting in general. They'd have to be idiots to print something like that.

Comment

That is crazy.

Seems they are anti bowhunting.
                  Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 12-28-2006, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Funny, My hog hunting partner and I decided to advertise blood tracking this year and we were discouraged that during the entire archery season we got one call. We figured - Oh well, we didnt put in any more effort than some flyers and a couple of trips to the local taxidermists.

All of that changed on opening weekend of gun season. I got 5 calls from rifle toting knuckleheads. We have averaged probly 1.5 calls per week for the remainder of the season thus far.

Just one more good reason not to like or subscribe to TTHA!

Comment

Email sent to the TTHA. What a bunch of idiots. I wish I had a dollar for every rifle-wounded deer I've come across (alive and dead). We have a lease member at the lease that has seen no less than 3 rifle-wounded deer from surrounded properties in the last 3 days alone. He had to put down a 3-legged doe last night that had been shot and has seen 2 separate bucks with rifle wounds. Totally biased cartoon driven by the big money/rifle hunters that are too freakin' lazy to bowhunt.

Comment

Here's thier email address for the Advertising part.

jennie@ttha.com

Comment

leroy@ttha.com Email the General and let's see what happens

Comment

Seems they are anti bowhunting.
                            Some of us have been telling you that for years.

Comment

I used to think it was my imagination when I would catch a whiff of anti-bowhunting snobbery in the pages of the TTHA magazine and from TTHA types in general. I think maybe some of these "pay big money to come shoot a buck out of our big buck catalogue" ranches don't see bowhunters as their target market. They think bowhunters are largely a bunch of blue-collar goobers* who can't afford their price tag. Actually the reason we are not their target market is for most bowhunters the kill, while important, is just a part of the overall experience. I know the mag runs bowhunting stories but I sometimes feel like they are just throwing us a bone...

*I am, in fact a white-collar goober
                              Last edited by jerp; 12-28-2006, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X