Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
    Same here! I can tie it!
    But I don't own one now and wouldn't wear one if my life depended on it!
    I agree with Chris, I call them Nooses!
    No one would see the knot on yours any way, you have the magnificence of whiskers.

Comment

I've been tying a tie since my dad showed me as a kid. Both my sons have been shown how and they are still trying to get their efforts past me. I'm not a suit wearing person just taught the propper way to dress up.

Comment

I"m with JERP... i've worn one every day for many years... different knots for different occasions - just like fishing. There is even an iPhone app for all the different knot types. Oddly enough the once or twice a year that I wear a polo to work, or wear a dress shirt without a tie, I feel so under dressed and just about naked! On the flip side, as soon as i'm home i'm a ratty t-shirt, khaki cargo shorts and ball cap kind of guy.... I walk past people from work in "regular" clothes all the time and they never recognize me, or they are blown away that I am wearing such relaxed clothes. I guess they think I wear a suit and tie on saturdays to Home Depot! God forbid they find out I take my suit & tie off, put on camo, kill something and eat it over a fire!! It's tough being a double agent sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
          Confused!! Thought they clipped on.

Comment

Thanks Blake!!

Comment

Use to wear a suite and tie to work every day for just over 14 years. Gave that up right at 10 years ago and have fingers left over counting the times I have worn a tie since.

Can still tie them with my eyes closed or while walking out the door. But I dont do ties anymore

Comment

These are the new ones I've been noticing alot.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	thCAQ8EO28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	24198545

Click image for larger version

Name:	trinity-knot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	24198546

Comment

nope cant do it I can only tie a palamar, trilene knot square knot and whatever the knot is on a lasso.

Comment

whats a tie? the one time i wore one my dad tied it,,, i never owned a suit so i never needed a tie

Comment

My father made me wear a tie to church every Sunday until I could tie it by my self. Needless to say I learned how pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

There more than one way to do evidently. Mine ends looking like that but sure is tied different.

Comment

I don't wear one. It's like wearing a noose.

Comment

I can but thankfully don't have to very often.

Comment

My wife just bought me a zipper tie for the few times that I need to wear one. Looks just like a real tie and easier to use than a clip on.

Comment

Monday thru Thursday you can find me in a dimly lit bathroom tying one on at 5:45 in the morning as I get ready to walk out the door. At 5 pm you can find me taking it off as I walk across the parking garage headed to my truck. You get use to wearing them and hardly notice the inconvenience after a while. I am thankful for casual Friday's at work and I hate to think about weekend occasions that require one.

Comment

Working...
                                X