Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 47 and never learned.

Comment

I kind of envy you guys who have never had to learn. I've been putting on a tie five mornings a week since 1984. Don't even have to look in a mirror. Wearing a tie has become so uncommon, people look at me weird when I walk in a convenience store or whatever while wearing one...

Comment

33 years ago at Southwestern University it was mandatory to know how.

Good lord I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I kind of envy you guys who have never had to learn. I've been putting on a tie five mornings a week since 1984. Don't even have to look in a mirror. Wearing a tie has become so uncommon, people look at me weird when I walk in a convenience store or whatever while wearing one...
          In order to try to "present my best" and be a little better example, i've started wearing a tie to church on a pretty regular basis. I never dreamed i'd be given so much grief for wearing a tie to church.

Comment

I am 31- my wife ties my tie for me. I work at home though so I usually don't get out of my pajamas. Only sport them for weddings or funerals. Sad thing is I had to wear a tie to school everyday in high school. I had my dad tie it once and then I never untied the dang thing. I think that is why I never learned, because I hated wearing it so much.

Comment

I can't....

Comment

The knot is the easy part, getting the length right is the hard part. I don't have to wear one anymore, but did for 10 years.

Comment

Them ties choke me , I don't like anything around my neck that tight lol. But I did see this old man with a beautiful Texas tie yesterday and asked him if they came on the clip on ties lol

Comment

haven't tied one in a LONG time. Takes me a few tries to get it right.

Comment

Yes, in the dark, in the middle of a hurricane, drunk, if needed.

One good thing I put into my fraternity was making sure every single pledge could tie a tie and tie it well.

I trained over a hundred of them to tie a full and half windsor in the dark.

Still get a few comments about how much fun that was

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        Me - I refuse to live any part of my life in an environment that requires a tie or the top button of my shirt to be buttoned up, therefore I could care less if I ever learn how to tie one
                        AMEN...Same Here Brother..

Comment

Usually takes me a couple of tries to get it right. Glad I do not have to wear one very often.

Comment

Next time anyone sees me in a tie is when they are putting me in a box in my old uniform to get my carcus burned.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                              Just get a very large man to yell at you and tell you he's only going to show you once so you better pay attention. If you get it wrong he's going to put his size 13 boot between your back pockets.

...worked for me during basic training.
                              Same here! I can tie it!
                              But I don't own one now and wouldn't wear one if my life depended on it!
                              I agree with Chris, I call them Nooses!

Comment

I sure can't but somehow my wife can for those very rare occasions

Comment

Working...
                                X