No announcement yet.

Hunting backpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the badlands I just got for my elk hunt. But if your just using it for whitetail don't waste your money buying an expensive one. All you need is something to put crap in. Your most likely not going to be hiking miles on miles. So comfort isn't a big deal. Just get a cheap one

Comment

I've got a Badlands Superday and a Badlands Monster. The Monster is what I take to the stand with me and has plenty of room for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        I really like the badlands I just got for my elk hunt. But if your just using it for whitetail don't waste your money buying an expensive one. All you need is something to put crap in. Your most likely not going to be hiking miles on miles. So comfort isn't a big deal. Just get a cheap one
        I got my Spot N Stalk with anticipation of using it when we go Elk hunting but for whitetail too. I had too much stuff in it last year though. Ended up not using most of it so I reorganized and dropped the weight a few pounds. Much more comfortable now!

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          I got my Spot N Stalk with anticipation of using it when we go Elk hunting but for whitetail too. I had too much stuff in it last year though. Ended up not using most of it so I reorganized and dropped the weight a few pounds. Much more comfortable now!
          The badlands I got was the 2200 or whatever its called. I got it in case I am hiking in. It is huge. I don't need much whitetail hunting other than a bottle of water and scent away.

Comment

I bought a Badlands Superday pack earlier this summer, and I'm already a fan for life.

I took it with me dove hunting over Labor Day, just to have a camo backback to haul my boxes of shotgun shells. When I was leaving, I placed it in the floorboard of the passenger side of my truck and slammed the door. I didn't realize until too late that I slammed the door on a buckle, breaking it and essentially ruining the hip strap on the pack.

Thankfully Badlands has a lifetime "no questions asked" warranty. I filled out a form on the web, requesting a new buckle, and I'm now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I figure I should get it any day now.

The Badlands packs are more expensive than a Academy knock-off, but I'd rather buy something just once with a good warranty than buy a new pack every couple of years due to wear and tear and stupidity on my part.

Comment

Here is the one I have and I'm very impressed. It even comes with some Tier 1 straps so you can attach your bow onto it. Its a single point pack that you can wear either on the R or L shoulder.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                I am just the opposite. I have had several hunting packs over the years. I finally came to the realization that I was carrying way to much crap to the stand and pared it way down. A couple calls, bottle of scent killer, binos, a couple flashlights, and an extra release. I finally just got one of the regular school backpacks. Much cheaper, and carries my stuff just fine.
                Exactly

20 dollar pack from academy or cabelas, BP works fine

Comment

I've had the same badlands for about 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                    I have a few badlands a few eberlestock they are all great. I'm still in search for the perfect pack.

If my badlands had more small pockets I'd be happier.
                    You should look at horn hunters packs, they have alot of pockets and they also have a lifetime guarantee. They are also made in the USA. Their website is __w.sophuntinggear.co_ Their fanny pack is like 1500 cc and it has 18 pockets.

Comment

Working...
                    X