Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer virus removal (free)

I just had to look!

Opened an email in my junk folder from a gentleman I thought I knew and it was one of those

"I'm a banker in Africa and need to send ....million dollars to someone I can trust, you LOL"

I close the junk and next thing I know I get an FBI looking warning and now I have to go through hoops to get on the computer let alone the net and my desktop will not show anything.

Anybody have some good online free virus removal suggestions?

thanks,

download spybot and update it then run a scan it works.

Comment

If u can get to the control panel, create a new user account and log into it. If it runs ok with the new account, you might be able to do some cleanup on it, move your personal files from the old account and then delete it. If you can download and install Microsoft security essentials and Avast, they may be able to help remove the viruses. This could turn into a multi step process to get it clean.

If you have a way to backup all your personal files, I would do that and then rebuild it.

Comment

before jumping off the deep end, I would run combofix first

Comment

Malwarebytes

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
            Malwarebytes
            x2

Comment

Super Anti Spyware seems to work well for me as well as Spy Bot. Malware Bytes too. They are all free. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X