Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Rate the Day Lease

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
codyw2006
Four Point

Default kieth johns outdoors?

What does everyone think of kjo? Me and 4 of my friends went down this weekend for his bachelor party so he could get his first kill and 2 of the guys came away with nothing, we had all paid for a ram an axis doe and hogs. I shot 3 pigs and 2 guys got a ram but it really felt like we were being rushed out for a larger more expensive party coming in. I understand we went during a bad moon phase and everything was green but he had us on about a 60 acre piece the whole time within probably 100 yards of each other and wouldnt let us move around. We had seen TONS of ram from the pick up but wouldnt even stop to let us try to put a stalk on one. At one point only me and one other guy had shot at anything but everyone had seen tons of blackbuc and a few of the guys asked if they could switch to just hunting a blackbuc and pay the difference and he wouldnt even let them do that. He said he would have to charge them an additional $500 for it ontop of the $450. Idk the whole trip really seemed like he didnt want us to shoot anything so his big group would have more animals to shoot at in the good stands. Idk i guess im just interested to see if anyone else has had an experience like this?
codyw2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nebraska, Montgomery Co., Colorado Co.

Being rushed out for a larger more expensive group? Keith hunts EVERY group the same. I highly doubt he was trying to get rid of you other than he had another group coming in. He makes no bones about it that the ranch gets hunted almost daily. So if you seemed rushed, it was nothing more than others coming in.

Hunting a 60 acre section? Never had it happen. Unless someone does not want to give up their stand, we have always moved around.

Spot and stalk RARELY works out there due to the fact it gets hunted.

And if you payed for a package, why would he not want to make up for the cost of adding an animal to that package?

You are sadly mistaken about him not wanting you to shoot anything. I have never seen an outfitter get more excited about a hunter shooting something. Sometimes more excited than the hunter.

Every stand on that place is a GOOD stand. BUT, the animals are smart. You better bring your A game to KJO.

Funny that when I talked to him everyone seemed to be having a great time and were killing animals.

I have been hunting there for about 6 years and never had this experience with Keith or anyone who has ever worked for him.

Last edited by DrenalinJunkie; 04-09-2012 at 12:06 PM..
DrenalinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Nothing but good things to say about Keith's operation.. and I didn't kill anything either but was not unhappy about it..
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lampasas Co., Granger wma

I have never been to KJO, but I would like too. I have noticed he gets a little better feedback on this forum, then some other similar hunting websites. Not sure why.
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
CletusBodeen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke & Kansas

Doesn't sound like the Keith I've felt with. He's always shot us straight. You better plan on hunting when you go to KJO. I've been twice and have rebooked for next February already.
CletusBodeen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
codyw2006
Four Point

Im not nessessarily unhappy with our hunt, hell i got 3 pigs all the first night and my buddy shot his ram the first night. He told us straight up it was gonna be hard hunting with the axis does being very smart to the stands and barking on everyone they made out. But they picked us up an hour early our last day there from the stands. I feel unsatisfied. But ive never hunted a day lease before so im still new to all this. My post was not either run down or praise the weekend but to say what happened and to see if this is typical of what the hunts are like. I just felt like there was more to be done for the guys who had never had a bow kill or of anykind to get them on some animals. And the rams.. u could stalk with a bell around your neck. We threw rocks at them yelled and they could care less. Now i can say one did miss a ram from a tree stand, he said he was told it was a 25 yard shot. I hunted the same stand the first evening and thats where i killed my pigs. It was a 17yrd shot with the small window because its sooo green. Now to me that sounded abit more like an excuse and he probably never asked. Idk i just found my self left wanting.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
Nothing but good things to say about Keith's operation.. and I didn't kill anything either but was not unhappy about it..
This right here. I've been twice and killed one hog. I had a great time on both trips and Keith busted his butt trying to put people on the animals, under very tough circumstances. The animals are there, but he can't make them come to a corn feeder when everything growing on the place, is green and lush. That's hunting........
HeyMikey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
gonehuntin68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Live Oak and Victoria county

Isn't this a post from one of your buddies on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
UPDATE!
You guys werent lying when yall said no phone service.. First and foremost.. we all had a blast. Got to floresville after a 6 hr drive and met with keith around 11:30.. keith got us in stands at 2:00. first sit i ended the life of a hog for the first time with my bow.. ian killed a giant catalina ram, cody killed 3 hogs, kc nailed 2 hogs but we were not able to recover either, doc wasnt able to get a shot off on anything sit 1. sit 2, i sat at the cul de sac stand.. feeder went off at 7, i smoked a black hawaiian at 703. everyone else wasnt as lucky this morning. sit 3, it was slooooww.. no kills. sit 4, kc missed a ram. between the missed shots, we had a total of 10 missed shots. totaled 2 rams and 4 hogs. keith and cooper were awesome hosts and waited on us hand and foot. i did find a new respect for coopers card playing skills, and i found out i love cactus wine. lodging was awesome.. this was def not a canned hunt.. this is a legit HUNT.. overall, we had a blast and will def go back. pictures will be attached soon.

edit:.. one of the best parts of the trip is 3 out of the 5 people who hunting got their first bow kills.
So that's 6 hogs shot 4 found, 3 rams shot at 2 killed and 9 other missed shots for a total of 18 shots in two days and you say you feel like Keith didn't want you to kill anything. That just doesn't add up in my book or Keith is very bad at keeping people from killing animals when he wants. Also, what time did he pick you up from your stand the last day, is it possible he picked you up early because you guys still had some animals to clean before you left and He needed you to get them clean and out of there before the next group arrived. Also remember that they have to clean up the place some before the next group arrives so this is why you might have felt rushed. I have been to Keith's several times and have never felt rushed other than when I had animals to quarter on the last day and he needed me to get them done and leave before the next group arrived but I can understand why.

I just find it funny to read ones guys post about KJO and it sounds like his group had a great time and then read your post and it sounds quite a bit different only to find out your both in the same group.

Now it sucks that none of you got your Axis doe but that's hunting and maybe one of those 10 missed shots was at a Axis doe but I don't know.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
codyw2006
Four Point

Lol yeah he was def in my group and what he posted and what he said were not the same things. But like i said this post wasnt to run down or celebrate anything i posted how our trip went and how we felt as a group when we left and all i wanted to know was if this was normal as none of us had ever been to a day lease. As for all the missed shots idk i can only account for 1 of those on tricky little pig who wouldnt hold still.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
codyw2006
Four Point

Wow, this has gotten to the point of middle school girls drama. "Someone" called kieth and told him i was talking **** about him and his lease.. haha this is so dumb its funny
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Muddy Bud
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

I've been there once. Took my son on the exotic package. He just missed a wall hanger hog with about 3-4" cutters the first knight. But saw a Sika and some axis just out of range. Keith said he had a nice axis coming to a different feeder he thought we could get a shot at. The buck was all ready at the feeder as he dropped us off and he was a hoss. We sat there and saw black buck does and the bigger axis kept skirting the blind to far for my son to shoot, he knew we were there. Any way on the last day we moved again and he was able to get a nice ram. He enjoyed it and I did too. Keith even offered another day free so he could have one more try at the axis but my son was just as happy with the opportunities he had. IMO Keith worked his tail off to give my son a successful hunt and I am planning on a trip there for my wife and I soon.
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyw2006 View Post
Wow, this has gotten to the point of middle school girls drama. "Someone" called kieth and told him i was talking **** about him and his lease.. haha this is so dumb its funny
Well......you are certainly talking about him and his operation, so who's acting like a drama queen? Hmmmmmm
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
fishycatfish
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch & Mason Counties

Quote:
Don't let it get to ya, but at least yall did get some kills. From what I have read here its usually "Keith is a great host but we didn't get anything" which is fine if everyone had a good time. On other sights it gets a lot more negative about the place then on here. I tried to go a year or so ago and called several times and left messages and never got a call back.
fishycatfish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycatfish View Post
Don't let it get to ya, but at least yall did get some kills. From what I have read here its usually "Keith is a great host but we didn't get anything" which is fine if everyone had a good time. On other sights it gets a lot more negative about the place then on here. I tried to go a year or so ago and called several times and left messages and never got a call back.
X2.

I was going to book a hunt about a year ago and I called literally 10-15 times in a week and left probably 5 or more voicemails because I was VERY interested. I never got a SINGLE call back, however I was lucky enough to finally reach him. We talked for a minute, he seemed like a good guy. He said he didn't have his calendar on him and would have to call me back with a list of availabilities. Needless to say I never got a call back.

In all I guess I am actually happy that I never received a return call because since then I have found several other quality, yet affordable ranches to hunt on. Not to mention the lack of animals being harvested from hunters out there that post on here through semi-live hunts. I do know that there are 2 sides to every story though and like I said, Keith did sound like a nice guy, but I am glad I took my business elsewhere.
bu2herndog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
codyw2006
Four Point

Keith and Cooper are great guys, we couldnt have asked for better hosts! I posted a simple question and explained our experience as is. I didnt butter it up or make it sound worse than it was. Keith isnt a god as some people on here seem to believe. Its fantastic they have a great time there and feel their money is well spent. I did have fun, but like i said i felt there was something lacking. Whether someone agrees or disagrees with what i said makes no difference to me. Will i go back? Probably not, between him probably not wanting us after the call someone made saying i was running his business down and us feeling we can find a better hunt i just dont see it happening.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
SCENT LOCK
Four Point

Hunt In: Hebronville

Well all i can say is if you aint happy with Keith or his ranch just dont go anymore that way there would be more animals for us guys that love Keith and his ranch, and another thing if you dont like being hammered on a post you put up on KJO then i would think twice about doing that on TBH because there are alot of Bowhunters on here that love Keith, Good Day.
SCENT LOCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
Apullin17
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
Well......you are certainly talking about him and his operation, so who's acting like a drama queen? Hmmmmmm
So the guy voices his opinion on a place and because it isn't the same opinion of everyone else's then his doesn't matter? The OP posted this in Rate The Day Lease and that is exactly what he is doing. And because he is voicing his opinion then someone should tell Keith that someone had something bad to say about his place?

Sidenote: I was at Keith's in January and I shot a hog and that was it out of the whole group. We had a blast and I would go back again and hopefully go back with a few of other TBH's.
Apullin17 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #18
Muy_Grande
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hamilton Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apullin17 View Post
So the guy voices his opinion on a place and because it isn't the same opinion of everyone else's then his doesn't matter? The OP posted this in Rate The Day Lease and that is exactly what he is doing. And because he is voicing his opinion then someone should tell Keith that someone had something bad to say about his place?

Sidenote: I was at Keith's in January and I shot a hog and that was it out of the whole group. We had a blast and I would go back again and hopefully go back with a few of other TBH's.
X2. Thanks for the info Cody
Muy_Grande is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
El Coyote
Pope & Young

Quote:

Agreed only thing that is gonna do is stop people from giving honest reviews. It sounds like the OP group had a 50% success rate. I think that's pretty good. It wouldn't keep me away from that place.
El Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by art745 View Post
Agreed only thing that is gonna do is stop people from giving honest reviews. It sounds like the OP group had a 50% success rate. I think that's pretty good. It wouldn't keep me away from that place.
Unfortunately everytime somebody gives a less than stellar review on here of a place that TBH'ers frequent, then the forum police come out and bash the person for giving their experience.

I didn't even see it as being a bad review, just somebody asking a few questions, additionally I have personally seen on here where people have said that Keith will let you upgrade. So the OP posting what happened when they wanted to upgrade is only fair, right?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
clayg08
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jermyn

I think it's safe to say that anytime money exchanges hands ( for any goods or service), something is expected. The customer wants to feel like they got their money's worth, for whatever it is, and in this case it appears the client didn't get the entire "package" he was looking for. It seems something(s) didn't meet his expectations and he is letting us know about it.
clayg08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
BowBuck2
Eight Point

Hunt In: Southern Michigan and Texas Day leases

Been to Keiths place twice and he has always done all he can to get everyone there on good animals. Not surewhat happened but I have nothing but good things to say about Keith and his operation.
BowBuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
fishycatfish
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch & Mason Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCENT LOCK View Post
Well all i can say is if you aint happy with Keith or his ranch just dont go anymore that way there would be more animals for us guys that love Keith and his ranch, and another thing if you dont like being hammered on a post you put up on KJO then i would think twice about doing that on TBH because there are alot of Bowhunters on here that love Keith, Good Day.

You gotta be kidding, I for one am glad people post an honest post on rate the day lease. Why should anyone think twice about posting up about their hunt? You can love Keith all you want but that doesn't mean someone can't post whatever they want about his operation. He wasn't running down his character.
fishycatfish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
Nature Boy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico when I can manage

Quote:
Not suprised at this at all. It happens every time someone posts anything other than great comments about Keith and his operation. I have gotten a call like this also. Just move on, there are a lot better places out there.
Nature Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
CastAndBlast
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycatfish View Post
You gotta be kidding, I for one am glad people post an honest post on rate the day lease. Why should anyone think twice about posting up about their hunt? You can love Keith all you want but that doesn't mean someone can't post whatever they want about his operation. He wasn't running down his character.
X2!

Thank you for your review
CastAndBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
StevenW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard, TX

I think we all know who called Keith and ran their mouth. Not surprised at all about that. Most everybody else on here probably knows who it was too.

OP- Don't let it bother you. This is the "Rate the Day Lease" forum and it's here for exactly what you did. Some people can't handle a little criticism, and other people can't wait to call those people and run their mouths like little middle school girls. This is not the first time that this person has called and "tattled" about someone not being 100% happy, and it certainly won't be the last. Take your money somewhere else next time if you were unsatisfied.
StevenW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #27
Tomkat70
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason ,Brady,Menard
Default Kjo

Keith is a good guy but, he does have a little saying that DOES mislead the unexperienced hunter especially those that are new to the day lease scene. If u don't like what I write jump away FROGGY !!!!!!!! This is my oppinion and remember this is still America and we are all entitled to our oppinions even if u do not like it. Come and take thet right away if UR big enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomkat70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
Tomkat70
Ten Point

Default KJO Piling on

what happened to the sight monitors on here and the rull of NO PILING ON? Must have been some of the golden boys doing the piling. Fumble !!!!!! and I've got the ball bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #29
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
I think we all know who called Keith and ran their mouth. Not surprised at all about that. Most everybody else on here probably knows who it was too.

OP- Don't let it bother you. This is the "Rate the Day Lease" forum and it's here for exactly what you did. Some people can't handle a little criticism, and other people can't wait to call those people and run their mouths like little middle school girls. This is not the first time that this person has called and "tattled" about someone not being 100% happy, and it certainly won't be the last. Take your money somewhere else next time if you were unsatisfied.
If you spend enough time on here I am sure everybody know's who you're referring to.
Don't worry I am sure he will chime on in (again) sometime to make some kind of Heroic KJO Defense Stance.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #30
bowmech
Ten Point

Hunt In: Meridian TX

There is nothing but good things i can say about KJO, Keith has been very fair to me and i for sure will go back to him. Hunting and not Harvesting......that may be the thing!
Fairest Day lease i've been on.
bowmech is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
muley4x4
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Rockies, West Texas, Panhandle

Reviews are helpful to the people that haven't been there. When I look to go to a new place to eat I often look at reviews. These reviews often help to the point of what I order. I like the good and the bad. Not everyone's experience will be great.

I think it's stupid though for everyone to jump on someone just because that's there favorite place or they have done so well there in the past.

I think people are afraid to post anything negative about some of these day leases just because of the mob approach. Kudos to the original poster.
muley4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #32
StevenW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2herndog View Post
If you spend enough time on here I am sure everybody know's who you're referring to.
Don't worry I am sure he will chime on in (again) sometime to make some kind of Heroic KJO Defense Stance.
StevenW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #33
ProV1
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mills County

I have been reading opinions and live hunts about KJO and Diamond C for 6 months now, trying to decide which one I would like to try. I think this one finally made up my mind for me. I read about alot more kills or at least sightings or opportunities at Diamond C. I have to agree that most of the KJO posts are "Keith is a great guy, but we didn't see anything but hogs or rams".
While I understand hunting is hunting and the animals are smart, there is a certain level of expectations once someone pays money. I am glad Keith is a great guy, but is that worth just spending money to go stay at his place. Anyway calling out the OP is just wrong and the final turn off for me, if I want to hunt hogs I can do it at my place. The live hunts at Diamond C always sound like more animals and a larger assortment of animals are seen.
ProV1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #34
ElWhompo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comanche, Tx

No pilin on here, but I've had nuthin but great experiences at KJO. Its an affordable ranch with no hidden fees. Keith & Coop work there arses off & I've always met great folk when huntin there. Sounds like y'all fellas flung plenty of arras, brought some carcasses back. Nuthin shabby about that.

KJO ain't for everybody I guess, no different than any other outfits out there. Best of luck at whichever new day lease ya try out!
ElWhompo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #35
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
I have been reading opinions and live hunts about KJO and Diamond C for 6 months now, trying to decide which one I would like to try. I think this one finally made up my mind for me. I read about alot more kills or at least sightings or opportunities at Diamond C. I have to agree that most of the KJO posts are "Keith is a great guy, but we didn't see anything but hogs or rams".
While I understand hunting is hunting and the animals are smart, there is a certain level of expectations once someone pays money. I am glad Keith is a great guy, but is that worth just spending money to go stay at his place. Anyway calling out the OP is just wrong and the final turn off for me, if I want to hunt hogs I can do it at my place. The live hunts at Diamond C always sound like more animals and a larger assortment of animals are seen.
X2-
I literally don't think I have seen a successful axis doe hunt from the semi-live hunt's posted on here from KJO. Like stated, I have never been to either, but I see quite a few more pics and better reviews for Diamond C.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Nature Boy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico when I can manage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCENT LOCK View Post
You got it all wrong by telling him not to post if he does not like something about Keith's ranch. No reason to think twice about anything at all. LIke stated above on several posts. It is a rate the day lease section so good and bad is going to be posted about. If you don't like what is said then I would think twice about bashing a guy for voicing his opinion. Good Day.
Nature Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #37
Tomkat70
Ten Point

Default Kjo

atleast it doesn't stink to high heaven like TT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lampasas Co., Granger wma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
You got it all wrong by telling him not to post if he does not like something about Keith's ranch. No reason to think twice about anything at all. LIke stated above on several posts. It is a rate the day lease section so good and bad is going to be posted about. If you don't like what is said then I would think twice about bashing a guy for voicing his opinion. Good Day.
AGREED 100% - thanks for typing that out for me.
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #39
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog66 View Post
agreed 100% - thanks for typing that out for me.
x 1000.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #40
codyw2006
Four Point

Thanks guys i appreciate the support. My aim was not keep anyone from going to kjo but to explain our experience and see if that was the norm on the day lease scene.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
jmm83164
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas and Virginia

OP I read your post. Let me say I've hunted Keiths and one other place. From hunting Keiths and the other place Ive figured a couple things. One you time always seems way to short just about the time you start to get things figured out its time to leave.You may end up spending more on a no trophy fee ranch to get a good animal but its a trophy you worked for . Its like having a deer lease you cant scout and only get to hunt a couple days a year. Since hunting keiths Ive taken a big catalina goat ,a couple hogs, hit a decent axis I couldnt recover, missed good aoudad twice and took a nice black hawian last year.If I was a better shot that would be pretty impressive I think.
You get better with learning the ranch , just like any place else you hunt. I jumped the gun last time I was there and shot the ram while he was going down the blackbuck I had set up for walked in.
Keith's is fun and Ill keep going back . It aint easy but thats part of the fun to me ive always had a shot at something cool everytime Ive hunted.
Diamond C and Hunt's have the same kind of following amoung people who have hunted there . If Keith's is for you Id try one of those, I think ill be trying Hunt's once Ive finished the goals Ive set for myself at Keith's[Axis Buck and Blackbuck}
Ill be there May 18 with a couple guys from here ,can't wait.
Mike
jmm83164 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #42
Thad Bowersock
Spike

Hunt In: Sabine County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm83164 View Post
OP I read your post. Let me say I've hunted Keiths and one other place. From hunting Keiths and the other place Ive figured a couple things. One you time always seems way to short just about the time you start to get things figured out its time to leave.You may end up spending more on a no trophy fee ranch to get a good animal but its a trophy you worked for . Its like having a deer lease you cant scout and only get to hunt a couple days a year. Since hunting keiths Ive taken a big catalina goat ,a couple hogs, hit a decent axis I couldnt recover, missed good aoudad twice and took a nice black hawian last year.If I was a better shot that would be pretty impressive I think.
You get better with learning the ranch , just like any place else you hunt. I jumped the gun last time I was there and shot the ram while he was going down the blackbuck I had set up for walked in.
Keith's is fun and Ill keep going back . It aint easy but thats part of the fun to me ive always had a shot at something cool everytime Ive hunted.
Diamond C and Hunt's have the same kind of following amoung people who have hunted there . If Keith's is for you Id try one of those, I think ill be trying Hunt's once Ive finished the goals Ive set for myself at Keith's[Axis Buck and Blackbuck}
Ill be there May 18 with a couple guys from here ,can't wait.
Mike
Gonna be there May 18th myself for an axis or black buck, see you there.
Thad Bowersock is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #43
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

Welcome to TBH and please only post the popular view (according to the select few)of your experience,not your honest opinion...
dc1986 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #44
texizona
Four Point

I read the Rate The Day Lease forum for people's experiences, both good and bad. I appreciate the honest reviews and would ask that people continue to post their view of the trip. Don't let the forum bullies scare you off.
texizona is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #45
Booger74
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Thanks for your review. Don't let the negative stuff get to you. No matter where on this site you post there is always someones feathers you will ruff up. It has happened to all of us. I have been one time to KJO and had very good time. I am going back in the middle of June. Timing is very important when hunting a place that is hunted on a regular basis. Good Luck to ALL.
Booger74 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #46
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Come on.... Seriously, y'all think it's a BAD thing for someone who is a close friend of Keith's to call him and let him know that a recent customer was dissatisfied and posting about it on the largest bow hunting forum in Texas... Really...????

How many of you would do differently if the positions were reversed...
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #47
bu2herndog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Come on.... Seriously, y'all think it's a BAD thing for someone who is a close friend of Keith's to call him and let him know that a recent customer was dissatisfied and posting about it on the largest bow hunting forum in Texas... Really...????

I think if you read through the entire thread you would have noticed that the phone call is only partial to the entire issue being discussed.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #48
Apullin17
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:

Why does it have to come down to that? Why can't someone just post an opionio on a PUBLIC FORUM without having to worry about who is going to go tattle tale on him? Keith knows about this site and if he wants to know what the reviews are of his place he can come on here and look.

The OP posted his review at 11:39 am and by 1:56 pm of the same day he made the post about someone calling Keith and telling on him. The OP's review wasn't even bad, just had questions about what had happened. Not enough to warrant a phone call.
Apullin17 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #49
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Quote:
Why does it have to come down to that? Why can't someone just post an opionio on a PUBLIC FORUM without having to worry about who is going to go tattle tale on him? Keith knows about this site and if he wants to know what the reviews are of his place he can come on here and look.

The OP posted his review at 11:39 am and by 1:56 pm of the same day he made the post about someone calling Keith and telling on him. The OP's review wasn't even bad, just had questions about what had happened. Not enough to warrant a phone call.
And that's your opinion, which you're entitled to. My opinion is not in agreement with yours, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong; just means that we disagree. I don't dislike anybody on here, just because we disagree on a topic. Heck, let's all have a beer and discuss something less controversial.....like politics or religion
Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #50
El Coyote
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
And that's your opinion, which you're entitled to. My opinion is not in agreement with yours, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong; just means that we disagree. I don't dislike anybody on here, just because we disagree on a topic. Heck, let's all have a beer and discuss something less controversial.....like politics or religion
What Apullin17 posted was facts....
El Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top