Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
zacm1979
Ten Point

Hunt In: South of here.....
Default New to the public scene

Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isn’t any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks

Last edited by zacm1979; 03-28-2012 at 01:31 PM..
zacm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Bear Polar Bow
Six Point

TPWD has quite a few drawn hunts available. There is also some Fed land available for hunting.
Bear Polar Bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Reaper33
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County, Cooper, Lavon

when you get your type to permit they send you a book. but go to the tpwd website and you shoudl be able to track down the hunts and stuff that they have
Reaper33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
ground level
Ten Point

Hunt In: Front yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacm1979 View Post
Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isnít any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks
PM sent
ground level is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top