|01-01-2011, 12:55 AM||#1|
Pope & Young
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hunt In: Burnet
black eye peas
Thinking of trying something different this year. Anyone got a good recipe they care to share?
Here's what I'm planning but I could mix it up a little if someone has a good sounding one to me:
• 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
• 2 sausage links diced
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 ribs celery, diced
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the black-eyed peas overnight. Drain.
2. In a small skillet, sauté the diced sausage with onion until onion is browned.
3. Combine sausage and onions with the drained peas and remaining ingredients; Add water just to cover. Simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until tender, checking and adding a little more water if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings.