No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, I kind of feel if I am lucky enough to see a deer that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Just thought I would see how everybody else felt.

Comment

First come, first serve. Unless see the boss is behind.

My feeder is still cold now. May have to go with plan B for the opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
        First come, first serve. Unless see the boss is behind.

My feeder is still cold now. May have to go with plan B for the opening day.
        I agree! If she's alone I would try to put her in the freezer.

There are a lot of acorns on the ground right now. This may be why you aren't seeing too much activity at your feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by kestimator View Post
          Just got back in from retrieving a friend's feeder and blind outside of Cherokee; and then setting up another one. See...I'm not totally lazy

Sounds good to me Muzzy100! Hope that you have a good season!

Wise words TexasBowhunter2009!!!

Due to family obligations (i.e. taking kids to and from school, Tae Kwon Do, etc...), and work; I'll be limited to trying to hunt roughly between 10AM and 1PM. most days. I was thinking about trying entering Russell Park and hiking "way" in to hopefully get past any close set-ups. Will this put me in jeopardy of messing up any of your all's set-ups?

Sounds like it's going to be rather congested out their. Perhaps a jogging suit would be better camo
          Yes! That puts you exactly under my tree stand. Well pretty close. I do not care though. Hunt my set up if you want.

I scouted and stupidly set-up right next to the new trail they are cutting LOL. Oh well, I'm too lazy to move it right now.

And yes I will shoot the first legal deer I can get to full draw on.

Comment

Anybody know who this belongs to?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
              Anybody know who this belongs to?

Sounds like you have a new neighbor.

Comment

Yep, to say he's 100 yards away would be stretching it.

Comment

dang that sucks,i heard a feeder go off not way far off,guess i should have gotten further off the beaten path

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                    dang that sucks,i heard a feeder go off not way far off,guess i should have gotten further off the beaten path
                    Is this one yours?

Comment

That's funny! !

RiverRat1....you have just moved way up in the new best friend line LOL!

Comment

does anyone know if we are allowed to leave boats trailered in the jim hogg parking lot overnight? seeing as how the ramps open at 6 might be pushing it a little to get to my hunting spot and settled before 645 or 7am...thanks!!!!

Comment

Yep, to say he's 100 yards away would be stretching it.
                          Man I am sorry to hear that

Comment

Possible try and look at the name on it and contact them?

Comment

Is this one yours?
                              no sir not mine,i said not too far off but im sure it was further than less than a hundred yards

Comment

no sir not mine,i said not too far off but im sure it was further than less than a hundred yards
                                Ok, thanks for the reply. Just trying to figure out who my neighbor is, weather he's hunting weekdays or weekends, and if he new he was set up near someone. No blind or stand, just a feeder hanging all by itself. Wasn't there last time I went through that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X