Howa / Ruger American / or Tikka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
    Agree- by the time you buy the American and add the Magpul stock you’re at the price of the Tikka CTR.
    The ruger and the magpul hunter stock can be bought for less than $700.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
      The ruger and the magpul hunter stock can be bought for less than $700.

I stand corrected on the Tikka CTR as a price comparable.
      Let me be more specific- Tikka has a 60• bolt throw and a better barrel and trigger. Let’s just say that you’re getting more gun for comparable money...that work for ya?

Comment

Keep discussing guys, all of this is valuable!

Thanks for the input! I will pull the trigger on something next week so keep on.

Comment

Tikka in my opinion

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Ruger American is a "no brainer". I am not sure how many that I own.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
              I stand corrected on the Tikka CTR as a price comparable.
              Let me be more specific- Tikka has a 60• bolt throw and a better barrel and trigger. Let’s just say that you’re getting more gun for comparable money...that work for ya?
              Yes, the ruger has a 70• bolt throw. With minimal work, you can adjust the trigger to whatever weight you want. My trigger is crisp with no creep whatsoever. It’s as good as some of the Timney’s that I have. Mine shot 3/4 MOA out of the box with Hornady factory loads. I don’t know how much better you can get with factory rifle and ammo. To each his own.

Comment

Just bought a Savage 110, .308 20” threaded.

I have only put 8 rounds down range, but so far, I am having buyers remorse.

2MOA performance at 100 yards, suppressed. I really do not like the trigger. Even set at a low #, it is ‘sticky’.

I’m not going to give up hope just yet though.

If Tikka has the same setup with a standard stock, I would have bought that without hesitation. I thought I would give the Savage a try though.

Comment

Tikka all the way.

Comment

I know you didn’t ask about it, but I’ve got a Kimber Hunter in 7-08 that I really really like. It shoots great(I can usually hold a solid MOA with this rifle, and I’m typically more of 1.5-2 MOA kind of shooter). Light weight, good trigger. Only think I’m not ecstatic about is it’s only a 3 round magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought the Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmore is the HS Precision stock from Sportsman Guide last month. After finding the right ammo, i put 3 shot in the same hole from 100 yards. Guaranteed Sub MOA & Great Trigger

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                        Yes, the ruger has a 70• bolt throw. With minimal work, you can adjust the trigger to whatever weight you want. My trigger is crisp with no creep whatsoever. It’s as good as some of the Timney’s that I have. Mine shot 3/4 MOA out of the box with Hornady factory loads. I don’t know how much better you can get with factory rifle and ammo. To each his own.

Rock and roll, glad you’ve got a shooter.

Comment

The quality of rifle you are getting with a Tikka as well as features that come from the factory far outweigh the Ruger especially. I have shot versions of all three the op is looking at and the Tikka is hands down top of the line with any model in terms of accuracy and quality.

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          I'm in the same boat as well but I'm leaning towards the ruger because its supposedly made in america. Idk about the other 2

This is a silly reason to purchase a firearm IMO however if that is your decision I hope it pays off. There are so many outstanding manufacturers of firearms outside of the US it’s not even funny. Some US (*not all) are really struggling with putting out rifles specifically that are as constantly high quality as other companies.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've been looking into the Bergara some and that is a fine rifle. They do have one model with a Cerakote barrel which I'd be fine with, but the price point is more along the lines of a custom rifle. I may look into those when I go the "High End" route.

I haven't been able to put my hands on a Howa yet, but as several have mentioned the Tikka action is far superior to the Ruger.

Comment

Can't speak to Tikka but I did a basic bed and float accuracy job on a Howa 7mm-08 and it shot lights out. I had a long action RA that was a nightmare feeding from the box mag and wasn't particularly accurate.

Comment

i have a tikka in 25-06, 22-250 and 7mm-08 and all are great shooters out of the box

Comment

Working...
                                X