X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Corp land? I doubt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One piece of property backs up to ACE land. Coastal field with 3 deer in the middle of it, two were up and feeding. Then a 1/4 mile from there, another jumped over a fence on to the shoulder of the road with intent to cross to ACE land. And stopped at the shoulder. I thought the Lexsus SUV in front of me was gonna hit it. But the buck stopped at the shoulder. I slowed down in case he was gonna go in front of me. But he put it in reverse and went back through the fence. He was headed for ACE property if he made it across the road. So I guess your right coojay. Technically, they weren't on ACE land.

Comment

It was a meeting to see who was going to walk in front of cameras for the rest of the season. Seems the not yet legal bucks weren't happy with the 90-10 picture allocation arguing that the 13 inch breakpoint was arbitrary and capricious. I don't know what the result was but there was a lot of grumbling. The old boys have a pretty good lock on the committees. Plus, it's amazing how attitudes change when they cross that threshold. There are some four year olds that are never going to be 13+ and aren't chairmen of any committees. It's a real mess.

Comment

That sounds really familiar jnd.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Started out to be what I thought would be a great morning to hunt. That is until I started to climb up into my stand. Got about 2 foot up my tree (ok my buddies tree),and grabbed a limb and it broke and I landed on my back. Nothing major and not hurt. But when I took my sling off my bow and nocked an arrow I realized I must have landed on my bow. Riser is bent. Not sure if warranty will cover that or not!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	8D3F370A-0080-4F07-BAE2-0140575FBB05.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	24596481

Comment

**** that’s some bad luck there!

Comment

Yeah and weather is great today. Guess I’ll go back home and work on my project car. To far to drive back home and get crossbow.

Comment

Dang! Poor old bow! I've know that bow ever since ya bought it. It was a friend to ya when I wasn't around in a tree with ya.

Hope you can get it replaced quickly brother K.

Comment

Thanks TG. Going to miss it but I’ll get another one soon!

Comment

That's a bummer. Hope you get another one soon. If I broke my bow I'd be out of commission for the rest of the season.

Comment

I have a crossbow and a buddy with a spare bow. I’ll be in the woods for sure. Will have to look around for another bow.

Comment

Glad you are not hurt..

Bow can be replaced!

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                            Started out to be what I thought would be a great morning to hunt. That is until I started to climb up into my stand. Got about 2 foot up my tree (ok my buddies tree),and grabbed a limb and it broke and I landed on my back. Nothing major and not hurt. But when I took my sling off my bow and nocked an arrow I realized I must have landed on my bow. Riser is bent. Not sure if warranty will cover that or not!
                            [ATTACH]977818[/ATTACH]
                            Better the bow than you getting hurt , be careful out there guys.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                              [ATTACH]977818[/ATTACH]
                              For real. Glad you're ok dude. Better luck this weekend. Hope we get one!

Comment

Got my first public land deer tonight. Had a small 10 point come in and then 5 hogs. Wasn’t able to get a shot at them. Finally this girl strolled by at 22 yards. She made it about 40 yards after the shot.

This is my first year hunting public land. It is fun! But also very challenging! Good luck to everyone hunting out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X