venison recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

venison recipes

so i shot a smaller deer this season and i have most of the hams, the back strap and tenderloins. all ive ever really done with venison is fry it, really wanting to try some new way to prepare it. any recipes and ideas are very much appreciated! unfortunately i dont have a smoker either

Check out the MeatEater recipes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything you grind will work for anything you use hamburger for.

I like to cut the backstrap in half and grill it. Since venison is so lean, if you over cook it, it will dry out real quick. Leaving the BS in a large chunk helps to avoid this.

I usually don’t make any special preparations for deer... just cook it like anything else.

Comment

Do a reverse sear on a chunk of backstrap til it’s medium rare.

Comment

With the neck roast on deer you're getting anywhere from 2-4 pounds of meat from it. Ive heard from 80% of the hunters I encounter that they don't even bother with the neck roast. This blows my mind because to me and my family its one of our top 3 cuts off any big game

Made this tonight... put in lettuce wraps, siracha aioli, and sliced avocado and it was good stuff.

Osso bucco is on the list to try as well. I’ve gone away from frying and sausage. Of course substitute ground deer for any recicpie that calls for beef. Make fajitas out of the flanks and meat on the outside of the ribs with ragin Blaze fajita seasoning. Can’t beat a simple rare Backstrap or tenderloin

Comment

Bacon wrap any muscle (sliverskin removed) and smoke until bacon is cooked through is always really good. I prefer to do the eye of round cut from deer and elk like this. The cut is thick enough the venison is still rare in the middle

You can also fillet the muscle into a flat sheet, and add some type of cream sauce - hint spinach dip - to the middle and make pinwheels

Comment

A great way to use burger meat and showcase the venison flavor is to go to the deli and ask for 1/4" slices of whatever bland white cheese they have that comes in circular loaves. Wrap your ground meat around and add salt & pepper. Grilled the cheese provides moisture to usually very lean venison and doesn't hide the flavors

Comment

I take the ham and break it down into muscle groups then trim and cut steak like pieces out and cook as steaks or cut thin against the grain and cook in pan with onions and japs to make tacos

Comment

I like to cut backstrap or tenderloins into small cubes and make tacos. Going to try a neck roast this week with potatoes and carrots. Also cutting steaks and cooking to medium is pretty solid. Tenderize out any muscle and make a stew or even fajitas. Any like always, grind some for chili and burger. Make sure to add some beef/pork to burger grind though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

;O
                    Attached Files

Comment

For the hams, I separate the muscles into 1-2 lb roasts, apply a spicy rib rub and refrigerate overnight. Then I smoke the roast to an internal temp of 145 degrees and slice across the grain to serve. Very tasty!

Everything else gets cut into steaks or ground.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                        ;O
                        I saw this and couldn't stop laughing for at least 10 min

Comment

I made Swedish meatball last night that were amazing. My typical “go to” is Sous vide steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                            ;O
                            Lol

Comment

I just cooked some venison Parmesan last night and posted the recipe and how to on WildTexasOutdoors Instagram if you’re interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X