Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I beam trolley/electric hoist Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I beam trolley/electric hoist Recommendations?

I'm wanting to set up an i beam, trolley, and electric hoist for hanging animals. I've got the basic concept and all, but I was hoping to get specific advice from someone who's actually installed one. Part of my issue is that I barely get deer all the way off the ground as it is in my cleaning shed, so I'm wanting to get a trolley/hoist combo that will be as compact as possible to give me that desired vertical space. So with that in mind, any recommendations on an I beam trolley and electric hoist combo that will satisfy my needs? I'd like to get one rated for about 1000# seeing as I occasionally am hanging bigger exotics.
    Please feel free to be specific as possible. A lot of the ones I've looked up seem to be unnecessarily long.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I've already done a search on TBH, and while there's a few discussions, I couldn't find any specific products mentioned.

We have a harbor freight 110v model on our beam trolley. The way it’s set up is a 2 part pull and the eye for your gambrel will be a pulley/hook. We use it with a eye bolt in the concrete to pull hide on big axis, hogs, whitetail with a hide clamp no issues. Cable is 5/16” diameter so it should have a 1000lb or so rating.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know what trolley you're using?

Comment

I'm using the trolley from harbor freight, 2.5 years no problems

Comment

That video is similar to how I put ours together. I used one trolley and a piece of 8” channel to fit the winch but his way would be the easiest approach

Comment

We used a 1/2 ton Dayton Electric winch.

Comment

Working...
            X