Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #201
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Payton would be a better choice than Stoops I think.



Without a doubt! I would love to see Peyton return as the boss without being under the thumb of Parcells.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM   #202
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

https://twitter.com/DarrenMHaynes/st...675095552?s=20
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM   #203
CTR0022
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Dak and Zeke were 3-4 last year before Amari showed up..
The real question is what are their playoff records?

Dallas has a good team and will most likely by in the playoffs again this year, barring any major injuries. But the nfc is stacked with good teams with alot of talent and I dont see the cowboys making it very far into the playoffs.
CTR0022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 01:30 PM   #204
Keith
Administrator
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1998
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
That's awesome!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 02:01 PM   #205
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Dak and Zeke were 3-4 last year before Amari showed up..
Yes sir, I recon Dez and Witten had a Lot to do with the wins in the first two seasons as well, but without Zeke the entire offense would have suffered big time.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #206
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
That looks like a little Johnny move, lol.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #207
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

If you get a chance, yall need to listen to the 105.3 interview with Kellen Moore this am. That dude sounds the part and is impressive with a thinking man's brain that moves as fast as a good offense needs to go. I was not expecting that.



The 105.3 crew after the interview were kinda bagging on Garrett saying, that guy sounds impressive and should run the O down the field whereas Garrett would have to call a timeout to gather himself because stuff was moving too quick! I can taste that ribeye already!!


I hope it transfers to good offensive play. Pump that sunshine!!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 02:48 PM   #208
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
If you get a chance, yall need to listen to the 105.3 interview with Kellen Moore this am. That dude sounds the part and is impressive with a thinking man's brain that moves as fast as a good offense needs to go. I was not expecting that.



The 105.3 crew after the interview were kinda bagging on Garrett saying, that guy sounds impressive and should run the O down the field whereas Garrett would have to call a timeout to gather himself because stuff was moving too quick! I can taste that ribeye already!!


I hope it transfers to good offensive play. Pump that sunshine!!
I heard the interview as well, he sounds legit, really like his attitude.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 03:02 PM   #209
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I heard the interview as well, he sounds legit, really like his attitude.

Yup...I hope he can call plays as well as he can talk about it.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #210
CTR0022
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-marketsetter
CTR0022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:04 PM   #211
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR0022 View Post


Good...

Like has been stated countless times here, Zeke should have his *** at camp with his team. Period.
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:22 PM   #212
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Good...

Like has been stated countless times here, Zeke should have his *** at camp with his team. Period.
I think he should be there too but I do not blame him for wanting more money, he has way out performed his contract, if he was not very good the Cowboys would cut him in a second, it is a two way street. I think he is like 65% of the Cowboys offense, how are you going to replace that ? What people are forgetting is he has over 2000 yards of total offense, probably be more like 2200-2400 this year if they change the offense like i think they will. Like Stephen said " he is the straw that stirs the drink "
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:25 PM   #213
Jcjohnson
Ten Point
 
Jcjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Evans, GA
Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I think he should be there too but I do not blame him for wanting more money, he has way out performed his contract, if he was not very good the Cowboys would cut him in a second, it is a two way street. I think he is like 65% of the Cowboys offense, how are you going to replace that ? What people are forgetting is he has over 2000 yards of total offense, probably be more like 2200-2400 this year if they change the offense like i think they will. Like Stephen said " he is the straw that stirs the drink "
Ice is melting and he’s in Cabo. Jerry has been loyal and also paid zeke respectfully so far. He should be there.

Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-31-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:42 PM   #214
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I think he should be there too but I do not blame him for wanting more money, he has way out performed his contract, if he was not very good the Cowboys would cut him in a second, it is a two way street. I think he is like 65% of the Cowboys offense, how are you going to replace that ? What people are forgetting is he has over 2000 yards of total offense, probably be more like 2200-2400 this year if they change the offense like i think they will. Like Stephen said " he is the straw that stirs the drink "


I agree itís a two way street...but prepping for the season trumps money for a team player...or should.

Zeke has shown his selfishness during the off-season with his bs...showing it when itís time to go to work is starting to **** me off. Lol.
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2019, 10:53 PM   #215
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I think he should be there too but I do not blame him for wanting more money, he has way out performed his contract, if he was not very good the Cowboys would cut him in a second, it is a two way street. I think he is like 65% of the Cowboys offense, how are you going to replace that ? What people are forgetting is he has over 2000 yards of total offense, probably be more like 2200-2400 this year if they change the offense like i think they will. Like Stephen said " he is the straw that stirs the drink "


He will have made 25 million at the end of this season.

Dak will have made 2.7...and heís the quarterback. Never missed a game, never complained.

Dak is 3X more valuable....heís the QB.

NO EXCUSE but selfishness. He took the 1st round money and signing bonus, and signed the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-31-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #216
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Surprise surprise, JJ finally making some sense. Here comes the passing attack?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #217
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Surprise surprise, JJ finally making some sense. Here comes the passing attack?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews
If Jerry had Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or any other of the top tier QB's this would make sense, unless Dak improves dramatically ( which is possible ) it is not happening, Dak will not sniff a SB without Zeke, I sure hope they don't try to prove most of the football world wrong. Jerry did win 3 SB 's with a HOF league rushing leader and he had a HOF QB and receiver, I think this team is at least missing one of those HOF positions.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 06:41 PM   #218
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/b...?sf216850178=1
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #219
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Sure wish they would get something worked out, it is not like Zeke will do any hitting until the first game but he needs to be with the team. If you have an elite back, elite receiver, elite offensive line, a capable and smart QB then no body can stop you from scoring points, stack the box and we will throw it, play back and Zeke and Dak will run wild, with the defense that they have that makes a lethal combination.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #220
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post


Apparently itís not killing him...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #221
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Apparently itís not killing him...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Right. Iím guessing no one is holding Zeke hostage in Cabo.
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #222
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Right. Iím guessing no one is holding Zeke hostage in Cabo.
No he is just doing what anybody with any sense would do, he only has so many years to get paid, several other positions allow players to play 5-10 years, running backs do not get that luxury, so if you are one of the best you better get your money early in your career, especially if you are the best player on the team and best at your position in the NFL, its easy for us arm chair QB's to say we would never do anything like that, a contract is a contract, RIGHT ! But I do think he should have just gone to camp and let them know he would not play without a new contract, it will get done and it will be a big contract surpassing Girley.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #223
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
No he is just doing what anybody with any sense would do, he only has so many years to get paid, several other positions allow players to play 5-10 years, running backs do not get that luxury, so if you are one of the best you better get your money early in your career, especially if you are the best player on the team and best at your position in the NFL, its easy for us arm chair QB's to say we would never do anything like that, a contract is a contract, RIGHT ! But I do think he should have just gone to camp and let them know he would not play without a new contract, it will get done and it will be a big contract surpassing Girley.


Sense? I donít see Dak or Cooper holding out.

Trust me, I Hope Zeke gets paid. I just think holding out is a sorry move by any player. Not that missing training camp will hurt his performance this year...itís just the principle of it all that bugs me. Heís not making any new fans right now, thatís for sure. Five bucks says he gets booíd this year.

Added: I hate drama. And Zeke shows to be a drama queen.

Last edited by Skinny; 08-02-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #224
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Sense? I donít see Dak or Cooper holding out.

Trust me, I Hope Zeke gets paid. I just think holding out is a sorry move by any player. Not that missing training camp will hurt his performance this year...itís just the principle of it all that bugs me. Heís not making any new fans right now, thatís for sure. Five bucks says he gets booíd this year.

Added: I hate drama. And Zeke shows to be a drama queen.
If Dak held out he would get BBQ'ed, he is about to get way more money than he deserves in almost everyones opinions, Cooper can be a free agent next year and break the bank if he has a good year, Zeke is a battering ram, he is the Cowboys best player, he more than likely will have a shorter career than the other two, all he is trying to do is secure his future, I don't like it and I think he should have is arse in camp too, I can say that I don't blame him for trying to get paid.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #225
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
If Dak held out he would get BBQ'ed, he is about to get way more money than he deserves in almost everyones opinions, Cooper can be a free agent next year and break the bank if he has a good year, Zeke is a battering ram, he is the Cowboys best player, he more than likely will have a shorter career than the other two, all he is trying to do is secure his future, I don't like it and I think he should have is arse in camp too, I can say that I don't blame him for trying to get paid.


Jerry Jones... please give mjhaverkamp back his phone!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #226
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Jerry Jones... please give mjhaverkamp back his phone!
you need to add *** to your name, lol.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #227
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
you need to add *** to your name, lol.




Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #228
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #229
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young
 
Fightinaggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Sense? I donít see Dak or Cooper holding out.

Trust me, I Hope Zeke gets paid. I just think holding out is a sorry move by any player. Not that missing training camp will hurt his performance this year...itís just the principle of it all that bugs me. Heís not making any new fans right now, thatís for sure. Five bucks says he gets booíd this year.

Added: I hate drama. And Zeke shows to be a drama queen.
Different story for those guys, they know with the positions they play they are gonna get paid its just a matter of time. RB is being devalued, Zeke will never have more leverage then he does now to get paid. I'll take that $5 bet, anyone with any sense can see we will not even get close to a SB without the best player on the team on the field. Bottom line its a business and Zeke is doing what he should be doing on the business side of it. I want him there more then anyone but he's being smart from the business side of it. Pay the BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM and lets move on
Fightinaggies is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 01:21 PM   #230
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
Different story for those guys, they know with the positions they play they are gonna get paid its just a matter of time. RB is being devalued, Zeke will never have more leverage then he does now to get paid. I'll take that $5 bet, anyone with any sense can see we will not even get close to a SB without the best player on the team on the field. Bottom line its a business and Zeke is doing what he should be doing on the business side of it. I want him there more then anyone but he's being smart from the business side of it. Pay the BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM and lets move on


Pay up cuz imma booing him right now! Haha
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #231
tigerscowboy
Pope & Young
 
tigerscowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer in CO,WY, TX, AK. Bass, Trout, and Reds.
Default

I disagree that Z is playing this correctly. His butt should be in camp with the team no matter what. His negotiations can go on simultaneously. It's not the same as a player that is not under a contract.

Tick tock on the next behavior issue with his proven immaturity. He might be closer to the next incident while he's in Mexico.

Remember how babysitting was required with Dez? This guy will require more.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #232
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
Different story for those guys, they know with the positions they play they are gonna get paid its just a matter of time. RB is being devalued, Zeke will never have more leverage then he does now to get paid. I'll take that $5 bet, anyone with any sense can see we will not even get close to a SB without the best player on the team on the field. Bottom line its a business and Zeke is doing what he should be doing on the business side of it. I want him there more then anyone but he's being smart from the business side of it. Pay the BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM and lets move on
It's not a different story at all! Dak has a hell of a lot more to risk right now than Zeke! Zeke has made around 20 mil, to Dak's 2 and change...already! Zeke's got another 50-60 mil (guaranteed) on the table right now while he sets on his ***. If Dak grenades a knee today at practice, he costs himself a lot more than Zeke does....but he's there, because he's a man and that's the job he agreed to do.


Is RB being devalued, or are Zeke and the rest of you over valuing it? Market determines value...right? Why is no one willing to go over 15 mil a year for one? Because you can get a good one in the 2nd round EVERY YEAR, which is EXACTLY why you don't take one 4th overall...
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #233
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
It's not a different story at all! Dak has a hell of a lot more to risk right now than Zeke! Zeke has made around 20 mil, to Dak's 2 and change...already! Zeke's got another 50-60 mil (guaranteed) on the table right now while he sets on his ***. If Dak grenades a knee today at practice, he costs himself a lot more than Zeke does....but he's there, because he's a man and that's the job he agreed to do.


Is RB being devalued, or are Zeke and the rest of you over valuing it? Market determines value...right? Why is no one willing to go over 15 mil a year for one? Because you can get a good one in the 2nd round EVERY YEAR, which is EXACTLY why you don't take one 4th overall...
There are plenty good ones, great ones are rare, and the Cowboys with Dak at QB without Zeke or a back like him will never ever smell the SB, take a look where Dak ranks among his peers, pretty **** low. You can rag on the Zeke pick all you want, he was the best player on the board when Dallas picked according to their grades, hard to argue with that. But I do agree with you, he should be in camp and not in Mexico. As far as agreeing to do the job because he signed a contract, go tell Dez or any other player who was cut from their contracts and did not see all the money they were promised.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #234
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

They got every penny they were promised in the contract they signed.

You canít equate RB to QB player wise. There are about 15-20 humans on the planet who can be good starting NFL QBs, and there are 32 jobs. RBs are a dime a dozen in comparison. Zeke is not a dime a dozen, I admit, heís really good. But it sounds like he wants around 20 mil a year, and that is assinine and would cripple this team for a long time.


Iím done with it, enjoyed the discussion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #235
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young
 
Fightinaggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
They got every penny they were promised in the contract they signed.

You canít equate RB to QB player wise. There are about 15-20 humans on the planet who can be good starting NFL QBs, and there are 32 jobs. RBs are a dime a dozen in comparison. Zeke is not a dime a dozen, I admit, heís really good. But it sounds like he wants around 20 mil a year, and that is assinine and would cripple this team for a long time.


Iím done with it, enjoyed the discussion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$20 Mill is stupid money, I agree they can't do that. Pay him 15 or 16 a year and lets move on with the season
Fightinaggies is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 05:18 PM   #236
NDN98
Eight Point
 
NDN98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

I am excited about this season. Offense has more weapons than last 4-5 years. D is looking good, outside of the safety position. Ready for football.
NDN98 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #237
tigerscowboy
Pope & Young
 
tigerscowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer in CO,WY, TX, AK. Bass, Trout, and Reds.
Default

Supporting JJ all day at this juncture. Ph*@k him. Lots of RBs out there that will run through a wall for their team at 10Mil.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #238
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Yup... F $20 mil... we have the line to make most RBs looks good.

Connor Williams is gonna bring the pain this year.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #239
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Yeah but they gotta get one of those other backs.

I agree 20 mil is too much. Jerrah mentioned that it would be too big of an issue with keeping the rest of the key players going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #240
Jcjohnson
Ten Point
 
Jcjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Evans, GA
Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton
Default

If they can’t figure something out, which back should they look at?
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #241
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

He ain't getting no 20m a year, he will get Gurley money or very close to it, Cowboys hold all the cards so one would think Zeke will report by the. Deadline.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 AM   #242
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
If they canít figure something out, which back should they look at?


They have several at training camp now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 01:16 AM   #243
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Trade him to the Texans for Clowney.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #244
KyleW
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Gordon TX
Default

Reports claim Zeke won't play this year without a new contract
KyleW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 04:54 AM   #245
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Personally, I can't blame either side. Yes, Zeke is under contract and should be playing but how often do players get cut or traded while still under contract?? Whether we like it or not the game is still a business first. JJ has succeeded on that part of it as the franchise is worth a lot of green.

I don't agree that Dak is ready to or ever will be a premier QB in the NFL. His abilities are better served complimenting a dominate running game. Let's hope something happens and Zeke gets in to camp.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 07:13 AM   #246
GA Bowhunter
Eight Point
 
GA Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Watkinsville, GA
Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleW View Post
Reports claim Zeke won't play this year without a new contract
Let him sit down there in Mexico.

He is under contract. JJ needs to show him some tough love. Cowboys aren't going to the SB this year anyway.
The Cowboys' best chance at a SB in the last 25 years was Romo's last season and JJ blew it by leaving him on the bench.
GA Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #247
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

They shoulda picked up Foreman.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 08:19 AM   #248
willieaames
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York, NY, New York
Hunt In: New York
Default

I think Dallas will have a great season!
willieaames is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #249
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieaames View Post
I think Dallas will have a great season!
They appear to have a stacked roster, now if Moser's favorite coach can do something with it.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #250
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quinn broke his hand yesterday. Hopes to make it back by game 1. Down one Dlineman.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com