• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Played around a little at the Marina on Somerville. Lots of folks catching in the boat slips but we showed up late. I broke off on a bass with a shiner under cork snd wife ended with one undersize crappie. Reports were near limits at night under lights. We cut out before the sun went down, so i didnt get a chance to try after dark. Several baskets had GIANT black crappie ready for the fish table.

Comment

Brother told me they crappie were hot at Lavon yesterday. If the weather is the same I will be there tomorrow.

Comment

We are headed to Tawakoni today. Any tips? Knowing my dad we will probably stay around the two mile bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            Caught 25 this morning from less than 2' of water on Conroe.
            We fished Conroe the last 2 weeks (vacation) and missed it by a week... I won't be back until next weekend; hope they're still shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
              What part of the lake?

In Highsaw, Close to grass or reeds. I could catch them on jigs but they definitely preferred minnows.

Comment

I looked for them shallow for 2 hours this morning to no avail.
                Moved out to the creek channel and caught a limit in a hurry
                Most on a 1/4 oz red and white the rest on a blue and yellow 1/8 oz

Comment

looked for them shallow for 2 hours this morning to no avail.
                  Moved out to the creek channel and caught a limit in a hurry
                  Most on a 1/4 oz red and white the rest on a blue and yellow 1/8 oz
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	7AB1E0B1-ABA6-4F21-BD70-AD4F1890E9BD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24575287

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5940321-5D31-4318-BB25-E5F30DFFFCB8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24575288

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                    In Highsaw, Close to grass or reeds. I could catch them on jigs but they definitely preferred minnows.

Heck I need to go with y'all! I suck at shallow crappie! Installed my new toy this weekend and ran out there for a bit to check it out! Let the video games begin! Brushpiles and docks should hold fish in a couple weeks!!

Comment

Ha... 3 units up front, I thought I was bad

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Heck I need to go with y'all! I suck at shallow crappie! Installed my new toy this weekend and ran out there for a bit to check it out! Let the video games begin! Brushpiles and docks should hold fish in a couple weeks!!

One of every flavor!

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Slew, which head did you go with? 93sv?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            One of every flavor!

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Like Lays potato chips! You can't have just one![emoji2]. That said running the TM I can't see half the 360!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Slew, which head did you go with? 93sv?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

1042svx I think it's called! I know 1042 is right. Guy in the club had a graph and transducer for sale. Said he fished with his brother and he's got the 1222 and he wants that one now. He hadn't opened the boxes yet for this one. We have one on order a buddy wants to buy when it comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Like Lays potato chips! You can't have just one![emoji2]. That said running the TM I can't see half the 360!

1042svx I think it's called! I know 1042 is right. Guy in the club had a graph and transducer for sale. Said he fished with his brother and he's got the 1222 and he wants that one now. He hadn't opened the boxes yet for this one. We have one on order a buddy wants to buy when it comes in.

Serious question. How familiar are you with the HDS stuff? I have a gen 2 (no scanning or imaging) on my console and have been thinking about adding one with some with it. Id rather stick to lowrance cause thats what I know unless I found a screaming deal on a bird unit. If I installed myself I might need a 'coach' on getting the settings done correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                Ha... 3 units up front, I thought I was bad

It's a sickness as you know!!![emoji13]

Comment

Working...
                                X