Same odds as winning the powerball - Fun thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
    How do the odds change ? There is the same amount of combinations whether it’s a billion dollars or ten million . You have to pick the correct one .
    Yeah...I guess so. I was really talking about the people I know that don't buy a texas lotto ticket because it's only 3 million or whatever. Their chances are much better to win that than the powerball (I think). But they go buy powerball tickets with steeper odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Yeah...I guess so. I was really talking about the people I know that don't buy a texas lotto ticket because it's only 3 million or whatever. Their chances are much better to win that than the powerball (I think). But they go buy powerball tickets with steeper odds.
      The entertainment value of dreaming about a billion dollars worth of toys/ranches is much better than only a couple million dollars worth.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        The entertainment value of dreaming about a billion dollars worth of toys/ranches is much better than only a couple million dollars worth.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Yep, I see it as paying $3 for a few minutes of dreaming (and having a very slight chance) of being super rich. Pretty cheap entertainment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chew;13725448]Yeah...I guess so. I was really talking about the people I know that don't buy a texas lotto ticket because it's only 3 million or whatever. Their chances are much better to win that than the powerball (I think). But they go buy powerball tickets with steeper odds.[/QUOTE

Your right about that and most of the big lotteries are multi state jackpots .

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Its funny the people who have no money and live paycheck to paycheck, who go load up on tickets
            So how many did you buy?
            Last edited by Antlers86; 10-23-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
              A famous gambler once said "you should make a bet at least once a day because you might be walking around lucky and not know it".
              I would gamble on that genius being broke right now.
              Last edited by Hunting4fun; 10-23-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I bet the person who wins it has never been hit by Lightning or been hit by any Rock.

Comment

You have zero chance if you dont buy any. Might as well buy a few

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    You have zero chance if you dont buy any. Might as well buy a few
                    Or every TBH member just give me the money they would have spent on powerball.

Comment

One of the best bumper stickers that I've ever seen said, "The Lottery is for people who failed math." Just to illustrate the point, I told my receptionist last week to pick 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. She said, "that would be a waste of money, it would never come up like that." I told here that the odds were just a good as any other combination, and I think she grasped my point, but an awful lot of people don't understand how bad the odds really are.

Comment

The same percentage that Chief Big Lie (Liz Warren) is an actual native american Indian.

Comment

Same odds as killing a 250 inch free range net typical buck from 100 yards with a self bow in a 50 mile an hour wind and pouring down rain.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Its funny the people who have no money and live paycheck to paycheck, who go load up on tickets
                            it's actually kind of sad

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Can you imagine trying to diversify 1.3 Billion at one time, and then keep up with it!
                              If you brought home 960,000,000 cash option and stuck 600,000,000 in the bank at 5% your monthly interest is $30,000,000!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                                If you brought home 960,000,000 cash option and stuck 600,000,000 in the bank at 5% your monthly interest is $30,000,000!
                                Wow, I think I could eat out more on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X