No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our target buck was at one of our stands at 7:35 am Saturday, hunter was in another... this morning at 7:35 am he was at another stand, hunter was in another...if we could get all our hunters to hunt every weekend we done whacked and stacked lol.

He’s been at every stand during weekend hunting hours but we haven’t caught up to him yet. I got my cull I’m just camp cook now but prime example of can’t kill em from couch. Put in the time and grind [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buddy of mine that’s on the lease with me will be up for the evening hunt and Monday hunt as well. More ground will be covered and hopefully some blood that leads to a dead deer this evening..

Comment

I’ve literally got new bucks showing up every day... had a really nice 4.5 yesterday cruisin about 5pm yesterday slow morning this am had a solid 3.5 8 and a yearling basket rack 8 that’s all broke up... it’s getting closer and big boys are moving in it’s a magical time!

My 5 acre plot is booming as well ready hopefully in the next few weeks me the mrs and son can start stack some good deer [emoji1374]

Comment

Comment

Good looking deer walking away ha! Where you located ? I need that kind of movement..

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
              Good looking deer walking away ha! Where you located ? I need that kind of movement..

To young but he’s got the makings to be a wall decoration

Comment

Saw deer at 1230 after running a chain saw for an hour clearing a tree from the road.

Decided to switch gears this afternoon. Tired of seeing pigs i cant get a shot at. Course any deer i had planned on shooting will be 20 yards from the corn pile I'm watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got settled in for my last hunt of the weekend.. Hoping to bloody up an arrow.. Won’t be back till next week sometime hopefully

Comment

I got a doe yesterday about 20 minutes to 6. 110 lbs. on the hoof. She’ll eat fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45D539B2-729A-40DD-AC7F-72F8F7AF57EB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	24558386

Comment

Got to hunt this evening. Didn’t see anything but “the blurr” was there yesterday morning at 2am. He’s still where I want him I just need him to mess up in daylight.... and right wind... and me in right stand. Simple really

Comment

Son and i got covered up in bucks this evening. He had this deer at 37 yards running does for an hour.

I commend him for not trying a shot hes not comfortable with and passing a different legal 2.5 year old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my grandsons and I had a great sit, but no pigs came in... I think that north wind got us... They both did very well for a first sit. They were fidgety, but were quiet for the most part... The oldest was making low grunting (hog calls) when we first got into the blind... he got the hiccups and could not stop... right up til dark... lots of birds and some squirrels so they were entertained pretty well... Both said they wanted to try again... Will wait for a south wind and give it a go again...

Comment

Welp I’m back at home and back to work in the AM. Hunted Friday through this evening. Saw one deer which was a small 8pt Saturday evening and bump a deer walking out after tonight’s hunt. Rut is very, very close. The moon is brighter as all get out (camera caught em at night). Hoping next time I’m up there it’ll be better conditions and LESS MOON.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                              Welp I’m back at home and back to work in the AM. Hunted Friday through this evening. Saw one deer which was a small 8pt Saturday evening and bump a deer walking out after tonight’s hunt. Rut is very, very close. The moon is brighter as all get out (camera caught em at night). Hoping next time I’m up there it’ll be better conditions and LESS MOON.

Back to work as well, lucky where I hunt is only 5 minutes from my house. Sometimes I leave work around 3 and if I do any time this week I’ll be slipping in for some evening hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                                Back to work as well, lucky where I hunt is only 5 minutes from my house. Sometimes I leave work around 3 and if I do any time this week I’ll be slipping in for some evening hunts.

Lucky.. I'm two hours away. I work shift so come Friday I start my long break (7 days) but I've got a wedding to attend this weekend. Depending on weather during the week next week is when I'll swing back up there before all them youngin's start blasting away the woods..

Comment

Working...
                                X