Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Mike!

Comment

I wanna be Mike Smith when I grow up. I've already got the first name. Just gotta get the rest.

Place is looking great Mike! Yall get-n a wood burner, coal, or fuel oil for heat?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I wanna be Mike Smith when I grow up. I've already got the first name. Just gotta get the rest.
        Now I don't know about that. The guy puts mustard on chocolate chip cookies for cryin out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Looking good. What purpose does the plastic serve if you don’t mind sharing?
          It is woven geotextile fabric. It keeps the rock from being pushed down into the sub-grade. It keeps you from having to add rock in the future.

A geotextile driveway fabric placed between the sub-base and the gravel surface in a driveway has many benefits. Chief among them are reducing ruts and potholes, preventing "pumping" and reducing the need to replace the rock surface of your driveway every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Place is looking great Mike! Yall get-n a wood burner, coal, or fuel oil for heat?

We are going with a two stage furnace propane (Carrier) and 2.5 ton Carrier AC unit. 1600 sq ft of living space. We will probably use some propane logs in the living room for heat while watching TV. We like to keep the house pretty cool in the winter. I will use a wood stove in the shop area. I have a Four Dog tent stove I might use in the shop but will probably put together a barrel stove for the shop. We are going to move our camper up into the shop next week. Got a RV plug installed up there yesterday. Getting overhead doors next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Now I don't know about that. The guy puts mustard on chocolate chip cookies for cryin out loud!
              I pretty much put mustard on everything although the chocolate chip cookies was a one time deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                I pretty much put mustard on everything although the chocolate chip cookies was a one time deal.

Give Tracy a hug for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Give Tracy a hug for me.
                  Will do Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    It is woven geotextile fabric. It keeps the rock from being pushed down into the sub-grade. It keeps you from having to add rock in the future.

A geotextile driveway fabric placed between the sub-base and the gravel surface in a driveway has many benefits. Chief among them are reducing ruts and potholes, preventing "pumping" and reducing the need to replace the rock surface of your driveway every few years.
                    Thanks, good information. I have a rather lengthy gravel drive and I have had to replace the gravel a couple of times over the years.
                    Last edited by tps7742; 10-20-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Looking good Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That is an awesome set up Mike!!

Comment

Have you been hunting much?

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
                            Have you been hunting much?
                            I don't have a resident tag for this year. I was not able to establish my residency in time. I can get a non resident landowner doe tag only for this year. I will be watching the bucks this season. Next year as a resident I will have 3 buck tags and pretty much unlimited doe tags.

This just showed up about 200 yards from the house we are building. Got a camera on it. You can see our barndo in the second picture in the background.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good Mike!! Can't wait to see what the camera shows!!

Comment

We got our camper moved up to the open bay of our building. Hooked up to building power and septic tanks. Interior wall framing starts on Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper in Open Bay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24558758

Comment

Working...
                                X